Duratec 2.5 swap VT Escape UPDATE w/ *PICS*

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Duratec 2.5 swap VT Escape UPDATE w/ *PICS*

Postby TylerAxis - June 22nd, 2020, 7:40 pm

Its been awhile since I last posted here on EC. Three years ago I performed a 2012 Ford Fusion 2.5 swap with some minor head and block work. I added crower cams, adjustable cam gears, header, full bolt-ons and a lot of custom tuning. Last summer I finally swapped the Escape's 2.3 manifold for the fusion single stage plenum with Massive Speed's DBW throttle body adapter, a new custom fenderwell cold air intake and revised the exhaust a little bit- The manifold really woke up the car as the 2.3 manifold with "restrictor plate" was chocking the car quite a bit.. We had to add fueling everywhere and it pushed the power band up a little bit. I took the car off the road this past October and since then Ive added new custom Ceika race coil-overs, added the tow package front calipers remanufactured from PowerStop, EBC slotted rotors with yellow stuff pads, S.S brake lines, rear Stop tech drum upgrade, and Whiteline adjustable end-links. I also upgraded axles, front control arms, wheel hubs etc. The entire front end is new and upgraded. The rear end I added both upper and lower control arms to Mevotech adjustbale's. I also added a Ultra-Racing front control arm/subframe brace. Im retrofitting a 09-12 Escape rear sway bar, added a custom Alutec rear shock tower bar, adding a beefy C-pillar bar and have done a lot to the interior. New NRG steering wheel, quick release and hub, and harness bar. I have much more to do the next year or more... I bought all new body panels for the rear fenders and quarter panels, inner dog legs, rocker panels, 09-12 rear SAP rear spoiler, OEM fender flares and new front and rear bumper. Plan on starting body work this summer/fall and doing new custom paint. Figured I would share some pictures of the progress I have made. All work is done by myself. After I finish body work and get it back on the road Im going to have a spare transmission sent down to Level 10 performance in NJ to have the CD4E built to hold 500hp.. Include all new upgraded custom valve bodies, HD bands and carbon/Kevlar clutches. 3000-3200 stall torque converter and an LSD upgrade. I plan on adding a low boost turbo-anywhere from 10-14PSI to make between 350-400whp. All my tuning and upgrades are consulted with Focus-Power tuning from Tom Lesperance. Enjoy :thumb:

Ceika Coilovers-

Ultra-Racing front member brace: Hated the white so I painted it black.

Front brakes:

09-12 Escape rear sway bar:

2.5 manifold and intake-

Interior, steering wheel, etc:

Body panels and parts:
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Return to Tailgate Chat