Second Gen Escape Longevity

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Second Gen Escape Longevity

Postby Undefinedviewer - November 14th, 2020, 6:31 pm

I own a modest mileage (approx. 119k) 2010 Escape Limited 2WD V6, I was wondering what others experiences are with the longevity of the Second Gen Escapes. Especially now that the vehicle is over 10 years old. I plan on investing quite a bit more money and time into this vehicle as it is my family's daily driver. Should it need any repairs, even the engine or transmission replaced, I would like to have that done and keep the vehicle as long as possible. How many more miles/years could I expect to see out of it? As long as the unibody stays solid and doesn't rust badly (I live in MI).
Undefinedviewer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Second Gen Escape Longevity

Postby MadMax - November 15th, 2020, 6:12 am

I just traded my 2010 Escape V6 with a 150K miles on it. The only reason I traded it was the desire for something newer. Prior to that I had a 2006 Tribute V6 with a 172K miles on it that I traded on the 2010 Escape for the same reason, a desire for a newer Escape

These Escape/Tribute/Mariners with the V6 Duratecs are real work horses and if properly maintained last a very long time. You take care of them, they'll take care of you. I now have the Escape in my sig pic and I'm hoping for the same results :yes:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby mozz - November 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Rust will be the problem. Back windows explode because of the corroded hinges.
2003 Ford Mustang GT 4.6l 5 speed
2016 Ford Fusion S 2.5
2010 Ford Escape XLS 2.5l Fwd 5 speed SOLD
2012 Ford Fusion S 2.5l 6 speed
2017 Ford Escape SE 1.5 awd
mozz

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE 1.5 sloboost

Postby MadMax - November 16th, 2020, 5:30 am

^^True on both counts :( , but you can circumvent both issues like I did. I coated the problem rust areas with a truck bed coating and sealed then painted the hinges
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby Undefinedviewer - November 19th, 2020, 7:59 am

Right, I already have tailgate rust from the warped weatherstrips and the tailgate latch stopped working also from it. I'll have to replace both the rear window weatherstrip and the rear door weatherstrip, along with the latch and those old hinges. I plan on doing the Raptor Liner on the bottom of my tailgate, along with over the fenders and along the door bottoms all around. The passenger rear fender already is starting to rust. Other than that...it's mostly been a nice car *knock on wood*
Undefinedviewer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Tailgate Chat