What did you do to your Escape today?

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Re: What did you do to your Escape today?

Postby FRENCHY - June 2nd, 2018, 7:31 am

Thanks techguy :thumb:
What a difference :thumb:

So it is not plug and play?
What did you do to plug it to the car? You mention that the wiring are not the same
Thanks
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby techguy985 - June 2nd, 2018, 1:12 pm

FRENCHY wrote:Thanks techguy :thumb:
What a difference :thumb:

So it is not plug and play?
What did you do to plug it to the car? You mention that the wiring are not the same
Thanks

The wiring connector is the exact same, it's just on a short wire lead instead of being mounted directly on the circuit board. The only thing you might need to change is the washer nozzle. The new light comes with one that attaches to the light and washer hose, but it doesn't actually spray washer fluid on the glass like it's supposed to. To solve this, I removed the old nozzle from the old light housing and filed down the edge of the clip on it to allow it to work in the new light.
2011 Ford Escape Limited 302A. I call her Nicole.
Every option save for hybrid, navigation, sport appearance, and 4x4.
Moon and tune package, dual zone climate control, 6 spoke alloy wheels, side step bars, cargo package, whatever else they had available.

Mods:
Sylvania LED license plate and interior lights (Soon to be upgraded AGAIN)
Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projector retrofit with 5500K Osram HID bulbs, painted headlight housings black
Morimoto XB LED 2.0 194 Sidemarker/parking lights
Profile Peak (Retrofit Source brand) 921 backup lights
Morimoto XB LED fog light housings
Painted running boards and liftgate bumper cover with Rust-Oleum Trim and Bumper paint
Weathertech floor and cargo mats
Rexing V1 front and back facing cameras (Upgrading soon)
Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS hood struts
Lumen LED 3rd Brake Light
3M Crystalline 40% window tint on side and rear windows. Brings VLT % to 35% on the front two and 15% for everything else
Infinity Primus PR6500cs component speakers in front and PR8602cf coaxial speakers in back
Noico sound deadening mat installed in all doors and front row floor area
Black Plasti-Dip on all exterior chrome and wheels (including 302A lower front grill, liftgate trim, and 6 spoke 16" wheels)
techguy985

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited
My vehicle's name: Nicole

Postby FRENCHY - June 2nd, 2018, 1:23 pm

Thanks a lot :thumb: :thumb:
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby frospike38 - June 11th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Replaced both rear lift gate hinges on my 08 E. The right side hinge needed immediate replacement. Super easy job to do yourself, took about 20min. Be careful and use the correct size (T30) or you will strip the old bolt like I did. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
frospike38

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby MadMax - June 11th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Same thing happened to my hinges, I just sealed them with silicone and painted them. They seem to be holding up just fine, but what a weird thing those hinges do :?
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby SNJEscape - September 16th, 2018, 12:14 pm

I replaced both hinges on the hatch glass earlier in the year on our 08, today I removed what was left of the rusted out gas tank strap, & replaced both gas tank straps.
2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Extd Cab 4.0L (My DD)Mods; bug shield, vent visors, bed rails, throttle cable, Mustang dome light, Expl OHC, Expl lighted visors, Expl radio trim panel, Ranger logo floor mats, 4.0 Emblems, 06 Mirrors, 01 F/E swap, lights behind the grille, step bars, color matched bumpers, Lund cab visor, tailgate light bar, yellow fog light bulbs, & powerdome hood.
2008 Escape XLT 4X4 2.3L Mods; Remote start, bug shield, vent visors, Explorer cargo area protector, Husky stickers, & yellow fog light bulbs.
1969 Mustang Coupe (Project & future toy)
2002 Honda shadow VT750 (Wifes toy)
1999 Explorer Sport 4X4, 4.0 SOHC, (Wife's DD) Vent visors, Bug Shield, & Grille Guard.
SNJEscape

E-C LEVEL 6
My nickname: Mike
My vehicle: 2008 Escape 4X4 XLT

Postby SNJEscape - September 29th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Replaced both rear shocks which were leaking. I replaced them with KYB Excel-G shocks.
2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Extd Cab 4.0L (My DD)Mods; bug shield, vent visors, bed rails, throttle cable, Mustang dome light, Expl OHC, Expl lighted visors, Expl radio trim panel, Ranger logo floor mats, 4.0 Emblems, 06 Mirrors, 01 F/E swap, lights behind the grille, step bars, color matched bumpers, Lund cab visor, tailgate light bar, yellow fog light bulbs, & powerdome hood.
2008 Escape XLT 4X4 2.3L Mods; Remote start, bug shield, vent visors, Explorer cargo area protector, Husky stickers, & yellow fog light bulbs.
1969 Mustang Coupe (Project & future toy)
2002 Honda shadow VT750 (Wifes toy)
1999 Explorer Sport 4X4, 4.0 SOHC, (Wife's DD) Vent visors, Bug Shield, & Grille Guard.
SNJEscape

E-C LEVEL 6
My nickname: Mike
My vehicle: 2008 Escape 4X4 XLT

Postby MadMax - September 29th, 2018, 3:25 pm

SNJEscape wrote:Replaced both rear shocks which were leaking. I replaced them with KYB Excel-G shocks.

How does it ride with the new shocks?
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby thesavo - October 22nd, 2018, 6:31 am

Failed NYS inspection on Saturday. I was going to do my fluid flushes. However NY had other ideas; as the brake rotors had corroded braking surfaces on the insides of both rotors. I bought brand new brake rotors and was able todo a warranty exchanges for the pads. 5 minutes before completion, the weather turned and it started rain. Job is done, however burnishing still has to happen.

I got all three filters replaced last Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Postby maxine5994 - October 23rd, 2018, 11:22 pm

Well tried to update Sync to 4.6... Totally failed tho :cry:
maxine5994

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

PreviousNext

Return to Tailgate Chat