What did you do to your Escape today?

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Re: What did you do to your Escape today?

Postby bangster - October 23rd, 2018, 11:36 pm

maxine5994 wrote:Well tried to update Sync to 4.6... Totally failed tho :cry:

I went from 4.1.3 in my 2012 Fusion to 4.6, and at first I was happy, it auto starts out on bluetooth, displays some info on the dash, and allowed me to disable 911 AND the prompt telling me it was disabled.

But the love affair didn't last long. Now the microphone button in Android Auto doesn't allow me to then issue a command. "Hey Google" still works.

I don't know if I want to try to find 4.3 and downgrade, or figure out what is happening with my current setup.

The update for Sync 3 on my 2017 Escape required a 64 gig thumb drive...at least on the Fusion it fit on an 8 gig (probably 4 gig).
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby maxine5994 - October 23rd, 2018, 11:48 pm

It keeps getting stuck on Installing Application. Maybe because I'm trying to update directly from v2.1
maxine5994

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - October 24th, 2018, 12:47 am

maxine5994 wrote:It keeps getting stuck on Installing Application. Maybe because I'm trying to update directly from v2.1

I figured I complained 1 too many times about it without doing anything about it, so I found the Sync 4.4 for my style Sync (the dot matrix display, no touch, no lcd) and downgraded to it from 4.6.

So it seems to default to bluetooth audio (which is good)
I can press the microphone button and use Google for spoken prompts (what I really missed)
I can't seem to disable the 911 assist is set to off message (which is annoying, but okay)
it still shows my phone by name and track information (which is not really all that important to me)
it doesn't show my phone status like battery or signal or provider (which is not a great loss).

So I might stay at 4.4, give it some time.

For me it was pretty easy once I found the needed files to put on the drive. Master reset, plugged in USB drive, went to system settings and install application, it restarted twice and I waited for the verbal confirmation not the one on the display (which is shows twice).

Since my phone is usually in that mount right by the screen, the track info is really redundant.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby vpasla1 - October 24th, 2018, 11:09 am

Does the USB2 still work via voice command on 4.4? If it does, I'd be interested in downgrading from 4.6.
vpasla1

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby bangster - October 24th, 2018, 12:07 pm

vpasla1 wrote:Does the USB2 still work via voice command on 4.4? If it does, I'd be interested in downgrading from 4.6.

I can't test since I am sorta cross posting this is my Fusion and it only has one USB port.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby maxine5994 - October 24th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Well... it keeps getting stuck on Installing Application without any prompts at all.... Any suggestions?
Attachments
and.jpg
maxine5994

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - October 24th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Not much help in troubleshooting it since the only problem I have ever had is getting Ford to acknowledge I had updates available and provide them. I could have downloaded other peoples offerings (like I did with 4.4) but wanted the official ones.

Format 4 gig USB drive so nothing else is on it as FAT32, decompress the zip file so I have the SyncMyRide directory with all the files and the autoinstall.lst and install.lst in the root. I don't use my Mac since it leave all sorts of other files on the drive, but I don't think that would affect it.

I go to the settings and do a master reset, then plug in the drive and go to Install Application, I see the drive being accessed (blinky light), it restarts once, then does another install, then voice prompts me that it is complete. Installing Application remains on my display for a very short time.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby thesavo - November 10th, 2018, 12:20 pm

I hit a pallendrome yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Postby Bourbon Man - November 10th, 2018, 5:36 pm

Put in a new air filter.
Replaced the rotten vacuum line elbow that's been taped together since I did the plugs and coils.

The big one, though: Used my new ELM dongle and FORSCAN to program a couple of new keys, since the Tribute only came with one. The dealership gave me a *s**** story about he didn't know how much it would cost until they did it, programming keys is hard, have to special order that key, blah blah blah. And he would have gotten the money from me if he'd called me back in a few days to schedule it, like he said he would. Instead, it's been a month with no call, and I discovered FORSCAN in the meantime, so he can stick that key where the sun don't shine.

FORSCAN: Free.
ELM dongle: 30 bucks.
2 blank keys: 15 bucks.
Stickin' it to the dealer: Priceless.
Bourbon Man

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby thesavo - November 10th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Bourbon Man wrote:Put in a new air filter.
Replaced the rotten vacuum line elbow that's been taped together since I did the plugs and coils.

The big one, though: Used my new ELM dongle and FORSCAN to program a couple of new keys, since the Tribute only came with one. The dealership gave me a *s**** story about he didn't know how much it would cost until they did it, programming keys is hard, have to special order that key, blah blah blah. And he would have gotten the money from me if he'd called me back in a few days to schedule it, like he said he would. Instead, it's been a month with no call, and I discovered FORSCAN in the meantime, so he can stick that key where the sun don't shine.

FORSCAN: Free.
ELM dongle: 30 bucks.
2 blank keys: 15 bucks.
Stickin' it to the dealer: Priceless.
Forscan is the best. If you get it for Android, it won't do programming but will beat the torque app at everything it does.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

PreviousNext

Return to Tailgate Chat