Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

What did you do to your Escape today?

133K views 679 replies 91 participants last post by  MTNEscaped 
#1 ·
I think it's time we started this thread. Is it what it sounds like.

What did you do today? Oil change, drove cross country, drove to grab some dinner, etc...

Today I unloaded my Escape from a road trip. I just put about 1,000 miles on it driving to Seattle and back. Took my family on a little vacation. Did the Space Needle, Zoo, etc. Got a City Pass.

Car ran like a champ. Apparently my battery lost a cell while I was out. We stayed at a KOA campground and on the last day, I turned the key...click click click. I know that it wasn't my alternator at least, monitored it on my UltraGauge the whole drive.

Stopped at 2 auto parts places and had it checked. Confirmed at both. I just grabbed a new 84 month and dropped it in. The old one was from Jan 08.

#2 ·
After getting a rock in the windshield a couple of weeks ago, the Escape was at a Ford dealership today for a new windshield. These days, most windshields are third-party. For the asking, and at no additional cost, they installed an oem windshield. Of course, it may have come from the same factory as the third-party ones. Nice to have an unblemished windshield, but I wish they had a shade band across the top.

#8 ·
This weekend my E will be driven up to PA for a soccer tournament, and next week (hopefully) it'll get some new fog lights.

#9 ·
AmericanPride said:
Last night I started to mod my overhead console to fit my UltraGauge up there...
Very interested to see how this works, planning on making a special cradle to mount to the sunhlasses holder?

#10 ·
Rook said:
AmericanPride said:
Last night I started to mod my overhead console to fit my UltraGauge up there...
Very interested to see how this works, planning on making a special cradle to mount to the sunhlasses holder?
I've got it in the front compartment for the garage door opener. I'm just going to make a little angled mount and attach it with the velcro. Then I can unhook it from the cradle or unhook the velcro to access the buttons

#14 ·
Got my Morimoto XB LED fog lights installed today :yahoo:

#16 ·
Welp, thats awkward. Though I can't say something simmilar hasnt happenedh to me.

#18 ·
It was a girlfriend, lol, and she called them fucking hippies. I did say simmilar, lol

#19 ·
Put the E back in the garage then figured out what I had knocked loose.

#22 ·
AmericanPride said:
Meatloafmountain said:
Your marbles?
Breh. Those went rolling away a long time ago. Probably on one of my hard landings jumping out of an aircraft.

#23 ·
Meatloafmountain said:
AmericanPride said:
Meatloafmountain said:
Your marbles?
Breh. Those went rolling away a long time ago. Probably on one of my hard landings jumping out of an aircraft.
Nah, I'd expect that you found a pair of marbles doing that...

#24 ·
Meatloafmountain said:
AmericanPride said:
Meatloafmountain said:
Your marbles?
Now, that takes marbles...

... big brass ones

#26 ·
MazdaShark said:
Spent whole paycheck on car parts so now begins this cycle

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I paid this lady at Mc.Donalds in change and received a nasty look as I dumped my nickles, dimes, and quarters into her hand. She kinda look like this: :bill: . To be fair it was exact change and I waited so long in line that I was able to rummage through my ashtray to get the entire amount in change. God my car eats better than I do.... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.