Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

BrakeMotive rotors and pads

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Testtitel 
#1 ·
Two years ago I bought an enclosed trailer to haul my Silverwing Motorscooter to Florida in the winter. I figured with the 1,000 lb. weight of the trailer and 500 lb. weight of the bike it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the brakes on my 2005 Tribute. After quite a bit of research, I ended up buying a complete set of front and rear drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. The complete set was $175 including free shipping from Canada. All the parts were easy to install and looked really nice. The increase in braking power was pretty evident, especially when towing the trailer. Unfortunately after about a year the ceramic pads were getting kind of noisy although they still worked good. I replaced them with EBC Greenstuff pads. The EBC pads work at least as good if not better than the Brakemotive ceramics and so far they are staying quiet. This brake setup performed very well in the Appalachian Mountains. Even after two years the rotors still have the silver plating on the non contact surfaces and look really good. I would have to say this is one of the best upgrades I could do and was very reasonably priced also.

#3 ·
I'm real happy with the Silverwing although it's a bit heavy for a scooter. I had a 250 Honda Reflex before this one that weighed about 200 lbs. less. But the performance makes up for it. Gas mileage could be better, I've been getting 40 to 45 mpg which was not as good as the Reflex's 62 mpg. Lots more stable on the highway though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.