Just some guy

Please pull up a barcalounger and introduce yourself! We also love pictures!

Just some guy

Postby Spoone - November 14th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Hi all..
I'm new round here, though not new to Ford vehicles. (Wife's ride is an 06 Explorer XLT, and my previous was an 03 Ranger Edge with the Vulcan V-6..)

Anyway...lets see....Oh yeah! :thumb:

So, I just picked an '09 XLT with ALL the bells and whistles (seriously...Sync is kinda sweet, and my 6 year old loves playin' with it). It's packing the wee 2.5 4 banger, but it seems to move right along, so I don't have any complaints. After all, the purpose of this rig is to get me and the family out to outdoor stuff, like snowboarding, mt biking, or just out and about. Does that just fine, too :shades:

Being an 09, there *are* a few flaws.

The drivers seat bolster foam is packed out, so I slip round a bit on the drive. The fuel filler thingie...wtf, seriously. I want a proper gas cap. Any chance that it can be retro-fitted? And...the serpentine belt idler or tensioner pulley whistles. That's it.

**Edited to add**
It's at 162K on the odometer, so there's no warranty on this beasty anymore. Any work is all on me.

Anywhoo..
Hi all. Nice ta meetcha.
:)P
Spoone

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Just some guy

Postby Charles - November 14th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!! :hi:
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; K&W 500 Series Chest Toolbox
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
2012 Buick Verano Leather Group - Black Onyx - Sunroof, Navigation, Premium Exterior Package, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners (1st & 2nd Row), Wireless Rear View Camera.
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Re: Just some guy

Postby MadMax - November 15th, 2020, 6:16 am

Hi, welcome, congrats on the new Escape, good choice and you'll get used to the gas thingy :lol:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Return to Introducing <insert name>!!!