Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Greetings from Fort Collins, CO

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MGT 
#1 ·
Hello there!

I am the new owner of a 2012 Ford Escape Limited FWD, I bought it with 106k miles and it has the typical rust on the rear fenders that I am hoping to address relatively soon.

It is a NJ car but it has spent the last 4 years in CO, traveling around the Southwest according to the CarFax history. No accidents, clean title, and relatively good maintenance history.

I bought it with the intent to become my daily driver after multiple years of owning 2 door cars that are not that functional. Last summer I bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey for this purpose, but after putting about 10k miles on it, I wanted something a bit newer, with not so much space, and some ground clearance for the snow.

Here are some pictures:

(I tried embedding them in the post, but for some reason it is not working)

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been in an accident, but the front bumper seems to not color match under certain lighting. Is this a paint flaw in the Escape, or is it just an indicator of a repainted bumper from a fender-bender? All body panels align.

This is my first SUV, and I have always loved the styling on these.

I look forward to participating here and learning more about the Escape!

Cheers!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.