2012 xlt oe brake pads

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

2012 xlt oe brake pads

Postby tinkertoy2001 - March 28th, 2021, 3:23 pm

Does anyone know if the oe pads for the 2012 alt 2.5 are ceramic? motorcraft BR1047E. anyone have issues with them? about to do front pads and rotors. thanks!
tinkertoy2001

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2012 xlt oe brake pads

Postby raysfan - March 30th, 2021, 1:09 am

I did my front pads on my 2012 Escape Limited recently. I obtained my new pads from Ford.
I am big on keeping my super nice Escape all Ford so that it stays super nice.
I got the "Premium" Ford pads.
I also went out of my way for the Ford pads because in the Escape Sourcebook, the section on brakes
speaks to the "less dust" aspect of the OEM brakes. See this direct excerpt, bullet point number 2...

Braking System
• 11.9" rotors up front and 10.0" drums in the rear
• Brake lining material creates dramatically less dust
• Combined with EPAS, the system provides excellent
pedal sensitivity and feedback
• Includes Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)

I don't know the part number of the Ford pads I bought - because I threw out the receipt when I removed the replacement pads and threw them out. These pads made incredible amounts of dark brown dust, my wheels looked like they were 2 years without a wash after just one week. I left them on for about 6 weeks thinking it would get better. It did not. I suspect that the Ford replacement parts at this point (the 2nd generation Escapes are 10 or more years old) are no longer the OEM pads but sourced from an aftermarket supplier. My original pads kept my wheels clean for a long time. The Ford replacement pads were so bad I could not live with them. After ditching the Ford pads, I went to one of the big chain auto parts stores and got premium ceramic pads. They work fine and my wheels are staying nice and clean - like when I had the original pads.

This is just my experience. Maybe you are getting a different Ford part.
raysfan

E-C LEVEL 2

Re: 2012 xlt oe brake pads

Postby raysfan - March 30th, 2021, 1:16 am

Side note to my post above. I have had lots of experience repairing cars and this is the first and only time I have been burned by Genuine Ford parts. Whereas I have had tons or problems with aftermarket parts, running the gamut from poor fitment, excessive noise, cheap material, longevity issues and so forth. I still recommend Ford Parts but lets face it, these are only brake pads and since the aftermarket ones are doing the job better, why not.
raysfan

E-C LEVEL 2

Return to Suspension Mods