rear toe adjust?

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

rear toe adjust?

Postby xsh0rty - September 19th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Hello I have a 2007 escape hybrid that has damage on the rear passenger side, pretty significant but the car drives straight and gets that hybrid gas mileage so I am trying to get her rolling as best as I can. I took the car to a wheel alignment place to have a 4 wheel alignment, and they said they couldnt do the rear?

I went through a set of used tires under 1k miles because it looks like from the printout the alignment place that the toe of the rear wheels is off. left wheel +1.37° and right wheel -0.93°

the camber is in spec

now i see this product online:' Rear alignment toe adjuster" https://www.carid.com/moog/rear-alignme ... l=14106288

but I have no idea how it is applied or used - typical google/youtube searches yield me nothing on how to install and use...

is this something that would help my situation? confused how/why the shop said they couldnt adjust it when it just takes a simple bolt kit?
xsh0rty

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: rear toe adjust?

Postby Captain Chris - March 4th, 2021, 4:56 am

Did you ever get more info' on this?
(still rollin'?)

I have an '08 AWD Mariner, 184 K; no accident, but I need to replace both front ball joints/control arms, then get an alignment...my first AWD, and still new to the E/T/M platform, trying to learn more about it.

Thank you.
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'! Keep these doggies Rollin'!
Captain Chris

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My nickname: Captain Chris
My vehicle: 2008 Mercury Mariner x 2!
My vehicle's name: No Name; No Fame!

Re: rear toe adjust?

Postby TylerAxis - April 8th, 2021, 8:01 am

The escape uses a an adjustable toe bolt in the rear which will give you a little bit of adjustment. Usually shops don’t see this an won’t correct it. Usually the bolts are seized and requires a couple hours of PB blaster to sit on it and heating it up with a torch and quickly getting the nut off. Moog makes a replacement bolt, similar to a camber bolt, which gives you +/- 2.0 degrees on adjustment.
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Return to Suspension Mods