Lift Kit?

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Lift Kit?

Postby DiGiTaLM4N - April 13th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Hello all I'm obviously new here!

So I'm acquiring a 2012 Ford Escape this week only has 70k miles on it. It's very clean inside and out. The problem is I don't like how low it is by default. I was told I could get a kit installed.
I'm not sure the exact measurements if any it can be lifted. I would prefer at least a few inches but nothing extreme. I plan on getting some decent sized tires replaced for it. Just unsure what route I need to go with to accomplish it and in what order I need to go about doing things for this specific modification. Any help is appreciated, I'm in South Jersey by the way in case anyone knows a specific location I could go to have it looked at.
DiGiTaLM4N

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Lift Kit?

Postby RazoE - April 14th, 2021, 10:03 pm

Been looking at this kit myself recently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Lift- ... 890.l49286

Only about an inch lift, but I don't need anything extreme, just a little more ground clearance for going up my in-laws amazingly bumpy hill.
RazoE

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLS FWD
My vehicle's name: Gerald

Postby TylerAxis - April 18th, 2021, 6:22 pm

I would recommend either the H&R 1.5” loft springs or the old man EMU lift kit. The spacers will a worse handling characteristics and the $50-$75 price difference is worth it!
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Postby DiGiTaLM4N - April 19th, 2021, 1:38 am

TylerAxis wrote:I would recommend either the H&R 1.5” loft springs or the old man EMU lift kit. The spacers will a worse handling characteristics and the $50-$75 price difference is worth it!

Sorry I appreciate the input but I'm unfamiliar with both of those. But a couple inches would be fine with me I believe I did see something from googling regarding an old man EMU lift kit. Unsure about the H&R you mentioned.
DiGiTaLM4N

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby TylerAxis - April 20th, 2021, 9:49 pm

DiGiTaLM4N wrote:
TylerAxis wrote:I would recommend either the H&R 1.5” loft springs or the old man EMU lift kit. The spacers will a worse handling characteristics and the $50-$75 price difference is worth it!

Sorry I appreciate the input but I'm unfamiliar with both of those. But a couple inches would be fine with me I believe I did see something from googling regarding an old man EMU lift kit. Unsure about the H&R you mentioned.

They’re just two different brands that do the same thing. Both give you 1”-1.5” of lift. You could easily run a 31” tall tire with no rubbing issues. You can just google search the year of your escape and lift springs and you will see your options.

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby DiGiTaLM4N - April 23rd, 2021, 1:24 am

TylerAxis wrote:
DiGiTaLM4N wrote:

They’re just two different brands that do the same thing. Both give you 1”-1.5” of lift. You could easily run a 31” tall tire with no rubbing issues. You can just google search the year of your escape and lift springs and you will see your options.

Thanks I was looking into this recently called a couple local shops that do lifts and both said they never heard of a Ford Escape being lifted. When they both told me that it didn't sound promising. :\
DiGiTaLM4N

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby TylerAxis - April 24th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Thanks I was looking into this recently called a couple local shops that do lifts and both said they never heard of a Ford Escape being lifted. When they both told me that it didn't sound promising. :\[/quote]

Trust me, it’s common, it’s doable and it easy. Just because a shop isn’t familiar with it doesn’t make it impossible. It’s a simple swap of the springs and an alignment. Boom, done!

Engine:
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby MTNEscaped - April 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

A search here on the forum will find no less than 6-12 of our generation, (08'-12') Scapes' running lift kits. :thumb:
Have also thought about lifting mine, just hasn't been the right time yet.
2008 Ford Escape XLT 4WD
Plain Jane with K & N filter / Optima yellow top battery / Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt / Sensen front struts
30+ years of ford parts that do me no good at all on MTNEscaped !
MTNEscaped

E-C LEVEL 3
My nickname: Mtnman
My vehicle: 2008 XLT Escape 4WD
My vehicle's name: MTNEscaped

Postby Franknasty916 - April 29th, 2021, 9:20 am

MTNEscaped wrote:A search here on the forum will find no less than 6-12 of our generation, (08'-12') Scapes' running lift kits. :thumb:
Have also thought about lifting mine, just hasn't been the right time yet.

I have the EMU springs on my 05 and it makes a huge difference. I agree with Tyler the spacers are not the way to go.
2005 Ford Escape
AFE Stage 1 Intake
Gibson Catback Exhaust
245/75/16 Falken Wildpeak at3w
Custom Rigid Fog Pods
Custom Black Diamond Roof Rack
Custom Rack Nilight Bar
Westin Bull Bar
Franknasty916

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Suspension Mods