Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Question about 03 suspension?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RBNetEngr 
#1 ·
I have just recently gotten an 03. It doesn't have good tires on it so I have been in the market for some. A friend of mine has an explorer that has a really good set of 31x10.50's on it. My plan was to just switch the tires and rims out, however, the tires are obviously going to rub. Has anyone ever tried this? What should/could I do to make this work? I'm new to the E world, I've always drove BMWs. This is a whole new dimension. I'm also new to this forum so if I'm missing any information here just let me know. Thanks!

#2 ·
I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute, and when it was time to replace tires (it had the standard 235/70R16 Continental tires on it), I opted to do a 'Plus Zero' upgrade, and put 255/65R16 tires on it, purchasing Firestone Destination LE2 tires. I couldn't be happier. The vehicle handles great, the tires last a long time, and they make minimal tire noise. And I didn't need to change the wheels.

The size is exactly the same circumference as the original tires, so your speedometer will still indicate accurate vehicle speeds. The Plus Zero size is wider, and the sidewall shorter, so you'll get better grip and cornering.

-rb
P.s. I'm also a long time BMW owner, having owned at least one since 1988.

#5 ·
I have 2003 tribute V6.

The shocks on the car say Tokiko and was wondering are these the original or someone replaced them with these?

Not terrible but thinking of an upgrade when budget allows. Any recommendations?

Around here kyb and Gabriel seem to be what's available.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.