2011 xlt awd h&r springs question

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

2011 xlt awd h&r springs question

Postby domer94 - April 21st, 2021, 4:01 pm

what struts / shocks would work with these springs? the piston would have to be able to extend by another inch to allow the height correct? im loking at the H&R 51602 Raising Spring For 01-12 Ford Escape which is 1" all around. any issues with the CV's and endlinks ?
domer94

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: domer94
My vehicle: 2011 XLT awd 2.5

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2011 xlt awd h&r springs question

Postby TylerAxis - April 22nd, 2021, 12:15 pm

domer94 wrote:what struts / shocks would work with these springs? the piston would have to be able to extend by another inch to allow the height correct? im loking at the H&R 51602 Raising Spring For 01-12 Ford Escape which is 1" all around. any issues with the CV's and endlinks ?

I would recommend the KYB excel G struts for the front and the KYB gas-a-just monotube part#Kyb- 553392 for the rear shock. The excel g is an OEM replacement that is valved slightly stiffer but will net you better handling characteristics over oem. The monotube rear shock is an upgrade replacement and is a better shock than the twin tube excel g. You won’t run into any issues with CV joints unless your lifted over 2”.
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Re: 2011 xlt awd h&r springs question

Postby domer94 - July 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm

TylerAxis wrote:
domer94 wrote:what struts / shocks would work with these springs? the piston would have to be able to extend by another inch to allow the height correct? im loking at the H&R 51602 Raising Spring For 01-12 Ford Escape which is 1" all around. any issues with the CV's and endlinks ?

I would recommend the KYB excel G struts for the front and the KYB gas-a-just monotube part#Kyb- 553392 for the rear shock. The excel g is an OEM replacement that is valved slightly stiffer but will net you better handling characteristics over oem. The monotube rear shock is an upgrade replacement and is a better shock than the twin tube excel g. You won’t run into any issues with CV joints unless your lifted over 2”.

hi , so just to be sure, the excel G will allow for the extra extension on these H&R springs? if i go with springs as opposed to spacers, the additional height has to come from inside the spring , if the excel g has only oem extention , the use of springs is moot.
thanks
domer94

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: domer94
My vehicle: 2011 XLT awd 2.5

Return to Suspension Mods