Interchangeable parts?

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Interchangeable parts?

Postby AhuraMazda04 - November 19th, 2014, 12:06 am

I have a 2004 Mazda Tribute LX V6. Looking to upgrade the suspension, very hard to find upgraded suspension parts. Looking for front and rear sway bars. Also KYB Struts any good? Anyone know where I could get Polyurethane bushings? I hear that some of these parts could come from other Mazda or Ford Vehicles, any truth to this? Help and suggestions appreciated! Also Steel Braided Brake Hose, any luck with them?
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2004 Mazda Tribute LX FWD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Interchangeable parts?

Postby underthetire - November 19th, 2014, 12:21 am

Not a huge fan of ss brake hoses on daily drivers, too hard or impossible to inspect, and a lot are not DOT approved. Kyb is a good replacement, and a slight upgrade. You want the best, buy Koni, it all depends on what your using the car for. Poly bushings couldn't tell you. Last ones I did on my mustang were noisy after a year. That's why you usually see them in upgraded suspention components that have zerk fittings.
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Postby Escape94 - November 19th, 2014, 8:58 am

Rancho suspension also makes rear shocks. There's a recent thread about that.

2011 Escape limited AWD V6 (301A) sterling gray metallic
Currently:
Hidden hitch tow hitch, OEM all weather floor mats, ESCAPE third brake light overlay, sport appearance headlamps, strut tower brace, Drag Wheels DR-33 rims, Mazda Tribute tail lights
Firestone Destination A/Ts P235/75/R16
Plastidip: smoked tail lights, gloss black shifter bezel, gloss black air vent trim
OEM black moulding (grille, bumper, hatch)
LEDs: front turn signals, front side markers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, VLEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks, OPT 7 auxiliary pods
R.I.P 6/15/2017 :(
Escape94

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2017 Subaru Forester XT

Postby S-caped 1 - November 20th, 2014, 1:48 am

I'm at 127k and just replaced my original OEM struts and shocks with KYB and so far they have performed well. The OEM struts were toast but the rear shocks were still surprisingly stiff with good rebound so with the fronts being blown any replacement was better. KYB's are definitely a bit stiffer though. I'd also recommend replacing your sway bar links with MOOG's if you haven't already done so. The OEM links are woefully pitiful in every conceivable way. A stiffer set of links go a long way to improving handling. So does a strut tower brace.
S-caped 1

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2005 Escape SVT Supercharged
My vehicle's name: El Escapè

Postby zibercat - November 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

I am about to replace my shocks and struts. My 08 E has 160K on them, I got the KYBs two weeks ago, hopefully I will have them change tomorrow after work............
2008 Escape V6 4WD XLT
Kenwood DDX719 with Wireless Backup Camera
KYB shocks and struts
zibercat

E-C LEVEL 4
Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!
My nickname: Zibercat
My vehicle: 08 Ford Escape XLT 4WD V6
My vehicle's name: Elvis

Postby MazKid - November 21st, 2014, 2:08 am

Have the KYBs on my '06 Tribute with H&R lowering springs. The combo works quite well IMO.
2006 Tribute i AWD manual
2004 RX-8 GT
2003 Protege5 KL-G4 2.5l V6 swap project
1994 Protege 1.8l BP-turbo swap
1994 Miata, supercharged
1990 RX-7 GXL project
1971 Mazda 1200 Truck project
Yeah, I'm a Mazda enthusiast.
MazKid

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2006 Tribute i AWD manual

Postby AhuraMazda04 - December 2nd, 2014, 3:24 am

Well I am going for street performance. Ride comfort means nothing because this vehicle was never a quiet, smooth, ride. I want it as firm as I can get and handling means EVERYTHING. I am trying to find an upgraded stabilizer bar for the front and add one to the rear as well. I haven't found much unfortunately. Any good brands for tie rod ends?
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Mazda Tribute 2001-2006= What you get when an SUV is raised by a family of sports cars.
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Linna - December 2nd, 2014, 12:14 pm

AhuraMazda04 wrote:Well I am going for street performance. Ride comfort means nothing because this vehicle was never a quiet, smooth, ride. I want it as firm as I can get and handling means EVERYTHING

You definitely want KONI then, they can be custom built to a stiff spec. You could top off with the H&R springs for a little bit extra. You'll should end up with a decent ride and have the best handling possible.
Linna

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2007 Ford Escape 4WD

Postby AhuraMazda04 - December 9th, 2014, 4:34 am

Linna wrote:
AhuraMazda04 wrote:Well I am going for street performance. Ride comfort means nothing because this vehicle was never a quiet, smooth, ride. I want it as firm as I can get and handling means EVERYTHING

You definitely want KONI then, they can be custom built to a stiff spec. You could top off with the H&R springs for a little bit extra. You'll should end up with a decent ride and have the best handling possible.

Thank you for the recommendation, I was leaning towards them. Know any rear sway bar kits that might work?
Zoom, Zooom, Zoom!!!
Before:
After:
AhuraMazda04

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby escapegirl7 - December 12th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Anyone know where I could get a roof rack from the limited edition "no boundaries package" escape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
escapegirl7

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Next

Return to Suspension Mods