Question about 03 suspension?

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Question about 03 suspension?

Postby kaylahpendley13 - July 14th, 2015, 9:09 pm

I have just recently gotten an 03. It doesn't have good tires on it so I have been in the market for some. A friend of mine has an explorer that has a really good set of 31x10.50's on it. My plan was to just switch the tires and rims out, however, the tires are obviously going to rub. Has anyone ever tried this? What should/could I do to make this work? I'm new to the E world, I've always drove BMWs. This is a whole new dimension. I'm also new to this forum so if I'm missing any information here just let me know. Thanks!
kaylahpendley13

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Question about 03 suspension?

Postby RBNetEngr - July 18th, 2015, 4:59 pm

I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute, and when it was time to replace tires (it had the standard 235/70R16 Continental tires on it), I opted to do a 'Plus Zero' upgrade, and put 255/65R16 tires on it, purchasing Firestone Destination LE2 tires. I couldn't be happier. The vehicle handles great, the tires last a long time, and they make minimal tire noise. And I didn't need to change the wheels.

The size is exactly the same circumference as the original tires, so your speedometer will still indicate accurate vehicle speeds. The Plus Zero size is wider, and the sidewall shorter, so you'll get better grip and cornering.

-rb
P.s. I'm also a long time BMW owner, having owned at least one since 1988.
RBNetEngr

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby patrickivan - July 21st, 2015, 11:53 am

Feel like posting pics? Just out of curiosity here.

Ps- I've always wanted an older BMW :)P and covet my neighbour's "winter beater"...
"I drink to make people interesting"

George Nathan

patrickivan

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2006 ESCAPE XLT FWD
My vehicle's name: Red Thunder

Postby RBNetEngr - June 7th, 2020, 2:36 pm

patrickivan wrote:Feel like posting pics? Just out of curiosity here.

Ps- I've always wanted an older BMW :)P and covet my neighbour's "winter beater"...
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=77582&share_tid=28457&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eescape-city%2Ecom%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ft%3D28457&share_type=t&link_source=app

2003 Mazda Tribute ES

-rb
RBNetEngr

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Suspension Mods