Brakes for 2007 Ford Escape

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Brakes for 2007 Ford Escape

Postby jimmyrap - December 4th, 2018, 11:34 am

I have a 2007 Escape XLT with approximately 112,000 miles. The front brakes started squeaking this past weekend and it is now time to redo them for the first time. My plans are to change the rotors, brake pads, and brake hoses. I also plan to change the brake fluid. My question is about the various options for pads and rotors. I went to Rock Auto and was overwhelmed by the choices that are available. I would like to replace the pads with ceramic pads to reduce the brake dust that has plagued me for 12 years. My Escape is a daily driver on flat terrain and has only seen snow once so I don't have to worry about road salt. What would be an economical choice for ceramic pads and rotors? The current rotors could probably be turned and be okay, but new rotors aren’t that much more. New Motorcraft rotors are in the middle of the rotor price range so I am leaning towards them, but I am open to suggestions. There are so many brake pad choices that I don’t even know where to start. What are your recommendations for brake pads?

Finally, am I missing anything that I should change while I am at it? I have plans to redo the rear drums in the future, but they are fine for now. I will bleed them when changing the brake fluid, but won’t replace anything.
jimmyrap

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Brakes for 2007 Ford Escape

Postby Filbert - January 15th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Hi, I have found that PowerStop brakes are the cleanest pads and shoes I have ever used. The dust generation is minimal and they work great. Not only on my Trib but also on a shoe to disc conversion om a '68 Chevy truck. I upgraded to the Towing package and got the plated, drilled and slotted rotors as well. good luck
grant
https://www.powerstop.com/
Filbert

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: '12 Ford Escape XLT 4wd

Postby yarnsrj - June 23rd, 2019, 10:03 am

Looking for recommendations for brakes and rotors for my '06 Escape as well. I've heard mention of Powerstop on a few posts. Any others that are decent without breaking the bank?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
yarnsrj

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!

Postby jaywish - June 23rd, 2019, 7:16 pm

If you never have any problems with the rotors like cracking or pulsing then stay stock. On the 12 I had cracked rotors so went to the ones in the signature.

Jay
12 Ford Escape AWD Limited Silver/Charcoal 302a, 17" wheels+Cooper CS5 ultra, Park Assist, Mods-> steps, 16" 6 spokes+Cooper Discoverer Sport M+S snows, Compustar Alarm/Remote Start, Husky floor & trunk liners, Centric front drilled, slotted, cryo rotors & Wagner OEX1047B pads.
89 Merc Grand Marquis Colony Park GTLS, Light Adobe/Tan, Mods = HO, Explorer intake, SS Duals, big brakes fore & aft, auto air shocks, posi, Hella H1's & H2's, 16" HPP rims, police sway, aluminum driveshaft, tranny cooler etc.
03 Merc Marauder DPB/Charcoal, HS, 6disk, spoiler, organizer Mods = M&Z control arms, oil deflector, SilverStars, U-Haul Tranny Pan
02 Mercedes SL500 Silver Arrow.
08 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited with HID's Mods = posi, Z rated Cooper 235/55-17 Zeon RS3-A tires, Addco 1" rear Sway, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter 05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Jay
My vehicle: 2012 Escape Limited Awd

Postby yarnsrj - June 23rd, 2019, 10:20 pm

I'm a complete noob... What do you mean by stay stock? Are you referring to the basic rotor?

yarnsrj

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby jimmyrap - June 24th, 2019, 5:36 pm

I never did reply back to this thread, but I bought Powerstop rotors and pads for around $90 from Amazon back in January. It was model number KOE1930. My son is driving the Escape now, so I haven’t driven it that much since the brake job. When I did drive it, I didn’t notice any problems with it. The brake dust is nonexistent. I am pleased with them and would recommend them.
jimmyrap

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby yarnsrj - June 24th, 2019, 5:56 pm

Well, I went with the Powerstop Autospecialty OE Replacement Brake Kit. Not top of the line but budget friendly and fairly decent reviews.

Autospecialty (KOE4024) 1-Click OE Replacement Brake Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AN5T832/re ... eDbEC8JAM0

yarnsrj

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby jaywish - June 24th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Yes a basic rotor of good quality. Ford, Centric, Wagner, etc. Not their bottom of the line units.
12 Ford Escape AWD Limited Silver/Charcoal 302a, 17" wheels+Cooper CS5 ultra, Park Assist, Mods-> steps, 16" 6 spokes+Cooper Discoverer Sport M+S snows, Compustar Alarm/Remote Start, Husky floor & trunk liners, Centric front drilled, slotted, cryo rotors & Wagner OEX1047B pads.
89 Merc Grand Marquis Colony Park GTLS, Light Adobe/Tan, Mods = HO, Explorer intake, SS Duals, big brakes fore & aft, auto air shocks, posi, Hella H1's & H2's, 16" HPP rims, police sway, aluminum driveshaft, tranny cooler etc.
03 Merc Marauder DPB/Charcoal, HS, 6disk, spoiler, organizer Mods = M&Z control arms, oil deflector, SilverStars, U-Haul Tranny Pan
02 Mercedes SL500 Silver Arrow.
08 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited with HID's Mods = posi, Z rated Cooper 235/55-17 Zeon RS3-A tires, Addco 1" rear Sway, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter 05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Jay
My vehicle: 2012 Escape Limited Awd

Return to Suspension Mods