Possible issue with original 2001 - 2007 E/M/T brake lines

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Possible issue with original 2001 - 2007 E/M/T brake lines

Postby Charles - March 21st, 2019, 3:14 pm

Was looking at YouTube this afternoon and came across a video about a possible issue that you might want to check out if you have the original brake hoses.

Watch this and see if it is something you need to address. :yes:

ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Possible issue with original 2001 - 2007 E/M/T brake lin

Postby djrussell - May 28th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that soon.
2006 Escape XLT 3.0L 4wd
djrussell

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby adj251 - June 3rd, 2019, 6:49 am

Mine has new lines front and rear because i replaced my fronts due to cracking and while me and my friend were bleeding the front brakes while it was on the lift a rear line blew out.
adj251

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Drew
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT
My vehicle's name: Emmett

Postby TylerAxis - October 15th, 2019, 1:18 am

Charles wrote:Was looking at YouTube this afternoon and came across a video about a possible issue that you might want to check out if you have the original brake hoses.

Watch this and see if it is something you need to address. :yes:

This happened on my first Escape. I have the goodridge Stainless steel lines. DOT certified and they made a nice improvement in feel, response and power.
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Return to Suspension Mods