Rear Wheel Bearings

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Rear Wheel Bearings

Postby Stalkbroker94 - April 14th, 2019, 5:09 pm

for starters, I'm new here, so I apologize if this has been discussed already. I've got a 2006 Escape XLT that's front wheel drive. I may eventually put in a 4x4 transmission, but that will have to wait for a couple of years because I'm still paying off the loan.
That being said, I am hearing a lot of noise from the passenger rear wheel bearing and when I put it on the hoist at the dealership I work at, it was indeed a bit wiggly. The other side is likely completely fine, but I'm considering just taking care of it while I do the other one because the last time I didn't in my previous car (05 Park Ave) the other bearing started to go out a couple hundred miles later.
Can anyone recommend some long lasting bearings that won't blast a hole in my wallet?
Stalkbroker94

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Dreadnought
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT FWD V6
My vehicle's name: The Escapade

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Rear Wheel Bearings

Postby Filbert - April 17th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Timken or Centric bearings have good history. And dont make the mistake of just replacing the bad one. Do both to save headaches down the road.
Filbert

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: '12 Ford Escape XLT 4wd

Postby Puffnstuff - June 13th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Let us know if you find some apart from the dealership. I've been looking around for my 05 but nobody seems to carry them.
Puffnstuff

E-C LEVEL 2
My vehicle: 2005 Ford Escape XLT FWD
My vehicle's name: Mr. Ford

Postby GPBoss - June 18th, 2019, 1:49 pm

https://www.fordpartsprime.com/ has a lot of hard to find, vintage, 'discontinued' OEM Ford parts at very cheap prices. Check them out. They'e legit.
GPBoss

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Suspension Mods