leveling kits

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

leveling kits

Postby fordoescapeo - June 8th, 2019, 5:39 pm

hey everyone,

I've had my 2010 XLT for about a year now and need new tires, I've decided to go bigger and get some all terrains. One of the things I need for the size that I want is more space in the front, is there a leveling kit everyone prefers to another? I've read on past posts of the one on eBay and some weren't too happy with them. I've also read it was better to get a spring lift instead of the spacers? To be completely honest i'm pretty car illiterate so apologies if that doesn't make sense. Anyways any opinions on the matter would be appreciated!
fordoescapeo

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: leveling kits

Postby Chance - June 18th, 2019, 2:10 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I was looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Lift- ... SwsnNcc63k from eBay. But I'm worried about the quality, and how easy it would be to install?

Hopefully someone who's done this sorta thing can read and reply :)
Chance

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby vyzr - July 12th, 2019, 12:09 am

There actually is no problem putting larger tires on.

I have 2009 Limited with the stock chromies, with 255/70/17 Kumho AT51 (basically a 31.1" tire) on it, no spacers/leveling kit, no rubbing.

They would have an equivalent size as 255/75/16 (31.1" tire), according to Tire Size Comparison website.

Any bigger tires than those, and you'll have rubbing.... but do you REALLY need bigger tires than those??

They are honestly quite huge and look somewhat ridiculous on it, so say my friends :P

I have about 4-5mm of space (width wise) before I hit rear shock... the height of the tire doesn't seem to be the problem.

In the front, it seems again, about 4-5mm of space before hitting the underside of the strut perch.

Based on my personal empirical evidence, a leveling kit will not help with getting bigger tires fitted, as you can't move the struts or shocks out of the way :P
vyzr

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Merc1995_ - December 12th, 2019, 12:59 am

I have a 2011 Ford Escape and I would love to see a picture of that set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merc1995_

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Meatloafmountain - December 31st, 2019, 2:07 pm

For what it's worth, a leveling kit ruins the stance which is there for a reason.

Save up and get lift springs all around.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Postby DarkStone06 - February 7th, 2020, 5:13 pm

You can install a 1-2" coil spring spacer in the rear to maintain the "stance" if you want, or fine tune it to your tastes. There is nothing wrong with a 2" spacer lift in the front, and it will do the same thing as lift springs for 1/3rd the cost. Rear coil spring spacers for a 2004-13 Nissan Armada/(05-12) Pathfinder will fit the stock rear coils, and only run around $60. They can be had in anywhere from 1-2.5" of lift.
Lampis Blue 2005 Mazda Tribute 2.3L 5 speed 4wd RARE!
2013 Ford Flex Limited EB with water/meth
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
2006 Escape XLS 2.3L 5 speed 70k miles (sold) :'-(
2003 Escape XLT 3.0L AWD 106k miles (sold)
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4wd (traded for Wagoneer)
DarkStone06

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My vehicle: 2005 Tribute 2.3L 5 speed 4WD

Return to Suspension Mods