Lowering Escape

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Lowering Escape

Postby 09F-E xlt - July 2nd, 2020, 8:43 pm

I’m looking for a way to lower my 2009 Ford Escape xlt without cutting/changing the springs. I am also looking to buy the ford raptor grill made for the Escape. If anyone has any info on these two lmk ASAP!!!
09F-E xlt

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Lowering Escape

Postby TylerAxis - July 7th, 2020, 10:45 am

Since the springs determine ride height you will have to change the springs. I would highly recommend you do not cut your spring to lower the car. It will give poor handling characteristics and would not be safe. H&R make lowering springs and there is multiple companies who make coilovers. Also for the rear you will have to purchase adjustable upper control arms to correctly set the chamber. There is a gentleman selling H&R sport springs with brand new KYB shocks and struts.
2005 Escape XLT "SVT" Too much to list but here are the biggies:

Engine:
12' Ford Fusion Duratec 2.5 swap, Massive Speed VCT delete, Crower cams STG1 cams, Verniers adjustable cam gears, Custom fender-well cold air intake, 12' Fusion single stage 2.5 intake manifold, Massive Speed cable driven throttle body adapter/spacer, Central-Florida-Motorsport billet 67mm throttle body, Massive Speed balance shaft delete, Motorcraft SP463 heat range cooler copper plug, 180* thermostat, Massive Speed under drive pulleys (crank + waterpump), Massive Speed Poly rear motor mount, Thunder-Perfromance 4-1 Short header(wrapped), 2.5" cat-less Dual Magnaflow exhaust, Custom tuned by TurboTom @Focus-Power using SCT X4 93+Octane.
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Ceika custom race series coilovers (10K,8K), Whiteline adjutable HD sway-bar end-links w/ poly bushings, Mevotech TTX HD front control arms, Mevoteck tie-rod ends, Energy-suspension poly front sway bar bushings, Alutec front strut tower brace, Good ridge stainless steel brake lines, 'Tow package' Power Stop front calipers w/ EBC USR rotors and Yellowstuff pads, Stop Tech rear drum upgrade, Mevotech adjustable rear control arms (top and bottom), Custom upper shock tower brace, 09-12 Escape rear swaybar retrofit, Enkei Raijin(black) 18x8.5 w/ Continental ContiSportContact 245/50ZR/18, H&R TraK 20mm wheel spacers, major weight reduction.
TylerAxis

E-C LEVEL 4
My nickname: Tyler
My vehicle: 2005 SVT Escape
My vehicle's name: ADK Escape

Re: Lowering Escape

Postby epikdele - December 1st, 2020, 3:48 pm

Do you know where I can find the person selling the lowering springs with shocks and starts, I was about to purchase H and R lowering springs I wasn't aware that I needed anything else besides the lowering springs performance-wise.

for 2006 ford escape xlt v6
epikdele

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2006 Ford Escape XLT 4x2

Return to Suspension Mods