Small lift / leveling kit / strut swap?

Suspension, brakes, chassis, subframe, more

Small lift / leveling kit / strut swap?

Postby mrfixit3000 - November 2nd, 2020, 11:23 am

I'll be the owner of a 2003 escape limited when it arrives, and I'm doing some homework on options to put some bigger all terrains on it. I have a set of 245/75/R16 on my trailblazer that I want to just move over, but I expect I may need a slight lift for that? I had a rough and country leveling kit put on the trailblazer, does the 2003 escape limited also have a lower front end than the rear end? By how much?

From what I'm reading, there's not a lot of good lift options or leveling kits other than cheap ebay ones that I'm not sure I would trust. What can you all tell me about products that are currently available and are actually safe / reliable?

Just thinking outside the box - would it be even remotely plausible to consider converting the struts to the ones from an explorer - where these kits are more commonly available?

I welcome any and all feedback from anyone with some experience and answers to my questions. Thanks in advance!
mrfixit3000

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Small lift / leveling kit / strut swap?

Postby Tembrant - November 5th, 2020, 3:28 pm

A 1.5-2 inch Steel strut spacer would be your best bet, I've had my 2 inch spacer on for about a year and 15k miles without issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2012-Escape-Tribute-Mariner-2WD-4WD-Steel-Front-2-Lift-Kit/172068216975?fits=Model%3AEscape%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item281010a08f:g:nYcAAOSws9xeg~yt:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!85234!US!-1

This is the most similar current listing to the one i purchased.

Otherwise The OME lift kit is a premium option

https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-escape-lift-kit.html
Tembrant

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 05 Hybrid AWD
My vehicle's name: Pruis's offroad brother

Return to Suspension Mods