2012 Ford Escape Titanium

Run into another E/M/T worthy of a shoutout?
Forum rules
Found an Escape, Mariner, or Tribute worth mentioning?

Thread title should list: color, model, location

Additional required information in the post: estimated model year , time and date, the motivation behind seeking that car out.

You never know - they could already be on Escape City!

2012 Ford Escape Titanium

Postby MazdaShark - June 15th, 2015, 3:47 am

To start, I FORGOT THE PICTURE! Alright this was one of the neatest little creatures I have seen. Being a newer tech at a fairly large mazda dealership, we have fords and yes even some Mercury's show up frequently and this turbo'd escape was crazy. I'm curious if anyone has a first hand account of how this particular model with the turbo holds up to previous generations? Back in the day I know the good old inline 4 was the punchline of underpowered but now they seem to be one of the formidable few. And yes the test drive after the brake change was what totally made me want 3 of em...
MazdaShark
Banned User

E-C LEVEL 3

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2012 Ford Escape Titanium

Postby backroad101 - June 15th, 2015, 10:43 am

MazdaShark wrote:To start, I FORGOT THE PICTURE! Alright this was one of the neatest little creatures I have seen. Being a newer tech at a fairly large mazda dealership, we have fords and yes even some Mercury's show up frequently and this turbo'd escape was crazy. I'm curious if anyone has a first hand account of how this particular model with the turbo holds up to previous generations? Back in the day I know the good old inline 4 was the punchline of underpowered but now they seem to be one of the formidable few. And yes the test drive after the brake change was what totally made me want 3 of em...

Turbos were introduced with the 2013 redesign

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby MadMax - June 15th, 2015, 10:47 am

backroad101 wrote:
MazdaShark wrote:To start, I FORGOT THE PICTURE! Alright this was one of the neatest little creatures I have seen. Being a newer tech at a fairly large mazda dealership, we have fords and yes even some Mercury's show up frequently and this turbo'd escape was crazy. I'm curious if anyone has a first hand account of how this particular model with the turbo holds up to previous generations? Back in the day I know the good old inline 4 was the punchline of underpowered but now they seem to be one of the formidable few. And yes the test drive after the brake change was what totally made me want 3 of em...

So were Titaniums :roll:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby backroad101 - June 15th, 2015, 3:20 pm

MadMax wrote:
backroad101 wrote:

So were Titaniums :roll:

That too :peace:

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby MazdaShark - June 16th, 2015, 11:10 am

Sorry lads learning to type still so yes it was the 2013, I was just more looking for a general consensus about the difference of handling from old to new was all.
MazdaShark
Banned User

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby MadMax - June 16th, 2015, 11:48 am

MazdaShark wrote:Sorry lads learning to type still so yes it was the 2013, I was just more looking for a general consensus about the difference of handling from old to new was all.

Just messing with you, the differences are vast considering the only thing in common between the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen is the name, it's 100% a different vehicle. I still love my boxy 2nd gen E, but when the time comes I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem stepping up to a 3rd gen with it's panoramic sunroof and 2.0 turbo engine. I've already begun to mentally mod one :lol:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby MazdaShark - June 17th, 2015, 1:38 am

Kinda sad they didn't keep on with the tribby overall but its reassuring to know the new ones are quick, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat when the time comes to upgrade thanks Max!
MazdaShark
Banned User

E-C LEVEL 3

Return to Spotted!