Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Ready for a Bronco Sport

5K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  tomw 
#1 ·
So I am ready to move on from the Mariner. As COVID has started to calmdown, I have to start driving to work more often.
As I turned on to the highway this morning water came dripping down from the wire harness for my compass module. We had a fairly good rainstorm last night. This is the second roof leak that I now have to deal with and I am done. I hit my goal of 200,000 miles and I am ready to trade in for Bronco Sport. The roof leak and engine oil leak has me and I am ready to say "good bye, mariner"

I am looking at and Outer banks trim w/o the Outer banks enhancement package. I want no part of a moon roof ever again.

#2 ·
Me too! Although I just bought my current Escape and am absolutely in love with it the more Bronco Sports I see riding around the more certain I become that when the time comes it will be my next vehicle :yes: I want mine loaded to the rafters with everything Ford can throw on it. Ford hit the sweet spot of creating a modern crossover with the upright boxy essence of the original Escape :thumb: I am sold on the 2.0 Turbo and am glad the new Bronco can be so equipped.

However, despite the occasional leak nothing can replace the feeling of an open sunroof on a warm summer day, my new Bronco Sport will be so equipped :)

#5 ·
So far, after test driving them, the door and console arm rests are lower than I'd like. I'll have to get used to it. They are noticeably so.
I'll put the seat in the lowest position to compensate.

Android auto is wire bound, so not wireless. The folks on the bronco sport forum seem to think that it may get fixed with a sync update.

The 3 cylinders 1.5 L engine sounds "gurguly".
Acceleration is improved over the mariner.
The dial gear shift will take some getting used to.

The cargo area is quite small compared to 2nd Gen escape.

There is an interior light defeat switch. My 2014
Edge doesn't have that. I had to enable "dark car" on the Edge with forscan so I can at least toggle it now.

Sync 3 is snappy and responds quick enough.

The boot and shutdown screen animations are cute and add a nice touch.

The 12volt power socket under the radio seems "always on" or has a delay with the timed accessory relay. Nice for charging a phone with the engine off.

My wife has noticed it has More storage nooks compared with 1st Gen Ford edge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Sucks that it doesn't have SYNC 4 with wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay (the Bronco is one of the 2021 vehicles that does have SYNC 4).

I don't get the Outer Banks version with the optional Outer Banks package. I take it you are not going for that, since that includes the power moonroof? Also B&O 11 speaker system with HD radio and QI charging pad.

I guess I need to spend some time digesting the crazy named Series and how those series also have optional packages with the same name.

#7 ·
I ordered the outer banks trim with the outer banks package that comes without moon roof.

With mariner roof leaks I had here, I want nothing to do with it again.

The people on the sport forum are calling it ob+ob.

I wanted the b&o sound system, and qi charging. Then again, iam not sure if it's 5watt or 10 watt. I don't care about HD radio,but that's OK.
It's confusing and took me a while as well to learn.

Big bend and Badlands have packages with their own namesakes.

#8 ·
Ah, I didn't have the order guide for JOB 2 which adds the no moonroof options.

While I tend to stream most of my music, HD radio would be welcome for me, and wireless charging, without wireless SYNC would be wasted on me. My parents never knew that their Explorer has it, and that they already put their 2020 iPhone SEs there and it was charging them (some of the time, since they have elaborate full wallet style cases with magnetic flaps) and don't stream music.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Blue oval forums has an order guide from today, 4/1, but since you have picked yours out, there are some interesting changes from the previous one they have, but they are likely already in the latest on the Bronco Sport forum (USB ports and not 12v power points in and behind center console, added rear view camera with washer to OB).

I don't think that SYNC3 has the processing power to do all that SYNC4 does including wireless CarPlay. I got in on a kickstarter for a wireless adapter, it worked okay, but it wasn't reactive enough for me, so I gave it away.

Sounds like a great vehicle for you, I have only seen one on the road, but I don't get out much, so if everyone 2 blocks away owned one, I wouldn't know.

#11 ·
Not doing wireless Android auto is a bummer. But I think I can live it. I'll report on the qi charger once I know more.

Things I don't like.
- the arm rest on the door and center console are too low for my liking.
- the sun visor hits the headliner and obscures more of the windshield than I would like.
- no universal garage door on any trim
- the rear cup holders are in the rear seat arm rest,not in the console like Gen 2 escape.

#22 ·
Lol, I love Ford's excuse, "Well the sticker doesn't say it comes with a engine cover." The sticker doesn't say it comes with glass windows either, but you kind of assume they'll be there :lol:

#23 ·
Coming up on two years... how well do you like the B-SPT? A brother has two daughters in Sports, and they like them from reports. I thought the 3 would be too busy, but they seem to think it is fine.
I got a Maverick in A51. Ordered about the time of the last post, and got 12/29 of 21. I really like it. The underhood looks a lot like the 2.0 ecoboost.
So, are you happy with a Bronco?
tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.