Message reply format changed?

Help with the site is just a click away. Check here!

Message reply format changed?

Postby tomw - December 4th, 2018, 9:40 am

I figure this spot is as good as any...

Previously, when I would respond to a post, the posts would display below the response text window. That no longer happens.
To refer to the content of a post when composing my response, I now have to open the post in another tab or window.
Question is, what did I do to my settings, or, did the system change? Actually, question is, can I make it do what it used to, and if so, how?

I am old, so have my screen set to larger text, and find the posting window too large side-to-side, actuall, the whole site is too wide, and wish it were more conforming so I don't have to scroll left-right to see postings or controls, also applying to the screens in general just as a generic whine. Anyone have any suggestions beyond new eyes?

tom
tomw

E-C LEVEL 10
My nickname: tom
My vehicle: 07 mariner 2wd v6
My vehicle's name: moby the white whale

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Message reply format changed?

Postby Charles - December 4th, 2018, 9:58 am

It isn't anything you did.
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Re: Message reply format changed?

Postby bangster - December 4th, 2018, 10:39 am

I find that I now have to quote the post I want to refer to, then sometimes delete the quoted part, or leave it if there are multiple threads going in the same post thread. It has been that way for awhile, I am a member of many forums and just thought it might have always been this way, but I don't think it has.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Return to Directory Assistance