Radio will play for 5-6 seconds, then cut out for 1 second

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

Radio will play for 5-6 seconds, then cut out for 1 second

Postby Mddog74 - October 17th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Hello I’m new to this form but have been looking at this form for help but couldn’t find anything like this. While the car is running or not the radio will play for 6 seconds, cut out for a second or two and over and over. I have a 2011 Ford Escape XLT 2WD, V6 with no upgraded sound system and no sync.
Mddog74

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Radio will play for 5-6 seconds, then cut out for 1 seco

Postby Mddog74 - October 17th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Mddog74

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby vincom - October 17th, 2020, 4:18 pm

radio is internally dying. either take it apart and find bad component on circuit board, buy used from wrecker but i think its has to be paired with the car, buy an aftermarket radio. last option has many choices, i myself am thinking of buying a 7" or 10" touch screen android stereo
vincom

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby The Haverstraw Man - October 17th, 2020, 5:02 pm

I have a 2011 also. I believe in 2011 there were four different radios installed by Ford. If go the used route from a local yard or Ebay I recommend taking the radio out and match the wiring connectors exactly. Many videos on you tube on how to remove the radio, on screw is a real pain in the oss.
The Haverstraw Man

E-C LEVEL 3

Postby tomw - October 19th, 2020, 9:43 am

Not that I know a lot about entertainment systems, but I would check the power feed to the radio before condemning it. The radio is linked to the GEM/SJB so it is powered after the key is turned to the OFF position. Given that it is not a direct, mechanical switch of power ON or OFF, but is controlled by a 'smart box', be sure that the smart box is not messing with you, turning the radio off and on just for fun.
A simple(maybe) probe of the power input with a VOM should indicate if power is being supplied continually or continuously.(you try to remember that one, I can't)
There may be a test specified in the service doc for the SJB to see that it is functioning properly.
tom
tomw

E-C LEVEL 10
My nickname: tom
My vehicle: 07 mariner 2wd v6
My vehicle's name: moby the white whale

Return to Problems And Solutions