Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2010 escape xlt 4cyl supercharger like sound. 40k

942 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  The Haverstraw Man 
#1 ·
Have got a odd problem that developed recently. there is a sound very much like a supercharger when i drive and give the engine some revs. turning wheel doesn't make a difference no codes. I know ford didn't include a S/c on manufacture so any ideas would be very helpful

#2 ·
Since your 2010 has EPAS (electric power assisted steering) it isn't a power steering pump for sure (since it doesn't have one)! If it changes with engine RPM could simply be the belt, tensioner, idler pulley, alternator, or water pump. If you can remove the drive belt and see if that makes it go away then you can check the 2 pulleys and also if the belt is in good shape or not.

#3 ·
Remember that belts are to be changed at 100,000 miles or ten years. My 2011 v6 turned 100,000 mile it got kinda loud and when I replaced it all quiet again. I used Ford factory original belt as they tend not to be too expensive when bought on Ebay or Rockauto. On a four cylinder the routing is "What were they thinking" when they designed it. Make a diagram before removing the old belt...................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.