2010 XLT Clock Display Not Working

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

2010 XLT Clock Display Not Working

Postby midgetmax151 - April 14th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Hello, I have a 2010 Ford Escape XLT. One day the clock/radio display just stopped working. Radio tuner/Sync still work perfectly. Just cant see anything. Tried the walk around speaker test and it worked perfectly, no issue. Looked at the fuse box and fuse #14 (10A) is still fine and isn't blown.

For reference the display is completely black, there isn't a fade at all. Every once in a while when I turn the car on I will get the display to say "Ford Escape" but nothing after that

Appears to just be a display issue. Do I just need to replace the display? How big of a job is that?

Any help of how to further diagnose or fix the issue would be most appreciated.
Attachments
Dash Display.jpg
Dash Display.jpg (26.11 KIB) Viewed 872 times
midgetmax151

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2010 XLT Clock Display Not Working

Postby bangster - April 14th, 2020, 10:28 pm

There are a couple recent threads on it, seems to be relatively common. I didn't know it is exactly the same display as my 2012 Fusion (but it says Fusion) and I build an interface for it, but the junk yard wants more than I am willing to spend on something I really don't need, just to satisfy the curiosity.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: 2010 XLT Clock Display Not Working

Postby AKP-Chris - April 16th, 2020, 7:13 pm

It sounds like you have that common Dead/Dying display issue. My mom's 2010 had similar with it working sometimes and not at all most of the time.

I read about this issue and that there is some sort of fix that involved taking it apart and doing some soldering, but to be honest it was just much simpler to get a replacement from the local junk yard.

After swapping out my oem for the cheap unit from the junk yard, my mom's 2010 worked again...and still does. Big hint... go to a self service yard if you have in your area and pull it yourself. Then when you take it to them...just tell them it's the clock display so they won't charge you a Display Module price.

I posted a video on how to swap it out on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwfVQPSz030

Don't over pay for it. I think mine cost about $20

Good luck
AKP-Chris

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 Escape Hybrid

Return to Audio/Video Mods