2008 Australian Ford Escape ZD Factory Stereo Wiring Colors?

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

2008 Australian Ford Escape ZD Factory Stereo Wiring Colors?

Postby madhouse1981 - September 11th, 2017, 6:45 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry have been searching for hours almost days now and yet to find the color code schematic or wiring diagram to suit my ford escape. It has 2 plugs one 16 pin and one flat 4 pin. Haven't even come close to finding yet hopefully someone on here can shed some light before I hand it over to and auto electrician and some hard earned cash :-(

So far I have
black = ground
black/blue = constant 12v

Thats all folks, I dont think there is a accessory so will assume will have to steal that one from the cigarette lighter but another other help gratefully appreciated.

Picture of attached plugs

https://i.imgur.com/LrMr9t7.jpg
madhouse1981

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 2008 Australian Ford Escape ZD Factory Stereo Wiring Col

Postby madhouse1981 - September 11th, 2017, 7:18 am

madhouse1981

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby madhouse1981 - September 13th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Can anybody help please?
madhouse1981

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby lameboyadvance - June 23rd, 2020, 6:58 am

The following info is probably too late for madhouse1981, but hopefully it will help anyone else in our situation in future.

While the original AUS Escape/Tribute models have a somewhat more common dual cable radio layout, for the 2006+ ZC/ZD Escape and MY06 Tribute restyles the radio was changed and to date I haven't found anyone that sells an adapter cable for it, despite there being double din radio adapter fascias out there.

After a lot of searching I was finally able to locate the 16 pin plug on AliExpress as a "Mitsubishi Clarion" plug. I have yet to find the matching plug for the 4 pin SWC plug however.

I was also lucky to pick up an official Ford (ZC) Escape wiring manual. It has been a godsend for me when planning such additions for my ZD and my fathers ZC Escapes.

I'm about to attempt to make my own adapter cable, and went in search of "Clarion" pinouts. So far this one seems to match up with the workshop manual (it also includes the extra pinouts for things such as phone mute and illumination which are missing from the Ford harness according to the pic madhouse posted).

I'm yet to tear apart my Escape but according to the previous snipped off radio harness madhouse posted the main Ford radio plug is missing the dashlight illumination wires, which would match up with the workshop manual listing them as being the other 2 wires of the SWC plug.

Since I can't find any online pinouts for the SWC plug I'll list them below:
Code: Select all
1:  Green/Black      Illumination Positive
2:  Red/Black        Illumination Negative
3:  Tan              Steering Wheel Control
4:  Light Blue/Pink  Steering Wheel Control

Like most vehicle steering wheel controls the radio buttons are a bunch of resistors that the radio reads the value of when pressed. These are the two wires most radios with SWC options care about.

If I can't find the matching 4P plug for this I'll have to chop it off like madhouse did. Hoping it won't yet come to that.

If anyone can help me in identifying the SWC plug and its mating socket I'd appreciate it.

I'll hopefully post an update once I attempt my actual radio install.
lameboyadvance

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 ZD Escape

Postby lameboyadvance - June 23rd, 2020, 8:13 am

UPDATE: Just after posting the above I decided to once again go searching for the elusive 4 pin plug, and I believe I have finally located it on AliExpress as a "HIRSCHMANN" automotive plug.
Now to order some and wait another month or two for them to arrive...
lameboyadvance

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2010 ZD Escape

Return to Audio/Video Mods