FDIM display controller - clock on dash is back! (and more)

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

Re: FDIM display controller - clock on dash is back! (and mo

Postby blackace936 - August 25th, 2019, 2:08 am

I ended up not upgrading my stereo as quickly as I thought I would. I got two prototypes working but missed the part about not being able to monitor tire pressure in a 2008 which was my biggest reason for doing this project. Pine do you happen to know if there is any way to get tire pressure monitoring in a 2008? Otherwise I'm willing to part with one of my working boards and if anyone wants just the PCB to build their own send me a PM or email me at [email protected].
blackace936

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Limited AWD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Squirrel - January 23rd, 2020, 2:01 am

blackace936 wrote:I ended up not upgrading my stereo as quickly as I thought I would. I got two prototypes working but missed the part about not being able to monitor tire pressure in a 2008 which was my biggest reason for doing this project. Pine do you happen to know if there is any way to get tire pressure monitoring in a 2008? Otherwise I'm willing to part with one of my working boards and if anyone wants just the PCB to build their own send me a PM or email me at [email protected].

Absolutely, I'll take the working board you have if you still have it. :rockon:
'12 Escape XLT | V-6 | AWD | 10.1" Android 9.1 Car Stereo GPS Navi | G1W-CB "Black Bezel" Capacitor Model Dash Camera | KUERL underseat 10" 600w subwoofer

'06 Escape Hybrid | 4cyl | 4X4 |Geartist GTS8500b Reverse Backup Radar Sound Alert | Bluetooth FM Transmitter Hands-Free With Dual USB
Squirrel

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: Squirrel!
My vehicle: 2012 XLT AWD; 2006 FEH AWD
My vehicle's name: Mr. Gray; Ghost

Postby bangster - July 28th, 2020, 6:16 pm

I thought that with being self isolating and picking off projects sitting around during the pandemic I would knock this out. I even grabbed some Arduino's out of existing working projects and no go.

Unfortunately I can't get the code to compile for any of my real or knock off Arduino's. I need to get GIT setup and see if it is the other package I am trying, just getting the raw code might help. I think it is because I don't have an Arduino that supports keyboard control, the error is about web access or something (I gave up angry I couldn't figure it out, had to get a docker image setup with Windows, etc).

I did get an FDIM (but for a Fusion, which is what I own) for cheap (told them it was a clock, which it really is...) but just can't get that far. If I get any of the other 100 projects partially done either done or abandon them, I might try to get parts of it working, like the CAN bus part, and go from there.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
Congratulations on reaching 750 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby dman97 - July 29th, 2020, 6:27 pm

I am interested in trying this out, but I cannot figure out how to order the PCB. I see the Gerber files on github, but I do not know what to do next at Dirt Cheap PCBs. Do I upload the files individually or a zip file? What do I enter for the other information like thickness, size etc. Can someone help me out with this?
dman97

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - July 30th, 2020, 12:25 am

I didn't plan on using the board, once I got it prototyped/working on a solderless breadboard with jumpers (like it is now in that picture) I would then wire it up and probably heatshrink wrap it.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
Congratulations on reaching 750 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby dman97 - July 30th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Thanks for the tip, that seems like a simple and cheaper alternative.
dman97

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Previous

Return to Audio/Video Mods