Aftermarket HU. Where is parking brake switch.

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

Re: Aftermarket HU. Where is parking brake switch.

Postby bangster - July 8th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Pepse33 wrote:bangster, according to pages 218 &219 of the owner's guide 41 is a 15A fuse for Driver/passenger door lock switches,auto dimming mirror, compass, ambient lighting (mine only has the door lock switches). F47 is a 30A circuit breaker for the power windows and moon roof I only have the power windows). F43 is a 10A for rear wiper logic, heated seats relay, instrument cluster. F45 is a 5A for front wiper logic, blower motor relay. F46 is a 7.5A for OCS (restraints), PADI (restraints). Unless needed I will pass on the descriptions for F29 thru F37.

Now as for amperage would I be looking for 15A or higher? So to say if I used F45 a 5A and am having it take care of a stereo at say 10A (A 10A fuse for the radio and 5A for the wiper logic and blower motor using the Fuse tap. Just trying to get something solid. Because in seeing what the fuses cover I want to question the potential choice.

Later. Pepse.

I would look for one that is 15 or more amps, yes. If you use a fuse tap you aren't adding the load to the original circuit, but you are adding it to what feeds it (the BJB). You put the original fuse in one spot, and a new fuse that protects the new circuit in the other spot (I am assuming you are using a fuse tap).

Have you ever noticed that your wipers will stop while cranking? They are not energized while in start! I wouldn't want a radio on that as it will turn on, then off while in start, and then back on.

I would personally use F41 (Yes, F47 is a CB) as I like to listen to music while sitting and being on the delay is nice.

While F41 is to the door switch, it isn't what powers the door lock actuator, but use a volt meter to see that it is hot in run, accessory, start, and with key off but door not opened, and is not powered in all other cases.

I would not use anything airbag/srs or ABS related, but just to be cautious. In my 2017 I used the passenger side power seat for constant and like the heated steering wheel for switched (these are in the rear fuse box in the 2013+) for trailer lights, and the original really cheap fuse tap I used worked its way out and the passenger side seat stopped moving. Not critical, and didn't it until I checked the lights on a trailer.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Pepse33 - July 8th, 2021, 10:56 pm

Okay, this sounds good. I will test F41 with a VOM and make sure it functions as you say.
Later. Pepse.
Remember! Always fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for Aliens to suck you out of your car truck or van.
Pepse33

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Pepse
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Postby Pepse33 - July 19th, 2021, 6:03 pm

Okay, I am losing the battle. For one the Fuse tap ain't going to fit in the fuse box. It is supposed to go above the Delayed Accessory Relay. So, I tried to run a jumper wire from the Yellow always on to the front power point; no luck. Blew a radio fuse; tapped the wrong wire. Well actually I put it on the right wire but nothing happened so I tried the other wire and fuse blew. Got frustrated and put the OEM system back in.

That was yesterday. Today I decided to see if I might have toasted my Pioneer but it is okay. But what I discovered today when I hooked up the unit to my Radio Shack 12 Volt power supply is that I had to run a jumper to the yellow wire and the red wire for it to turn on. Is that the route for me to go?

I can't up load pics as the file is too big.

Later. Pepse.
Remember! Always fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for Aliens to suck you out of your car truck or van.
Pepse33

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Pepse33 - July 22nd, 2021, 2:31 pm

It seems as though I annoyed someone as there has been no reply to my last post. So, I assume it to be a bad idea. So-o-o-o-o, I am thinking of getting that Wiring Interface like what Crutchfield sells; bluto provided a link to. If I get something like that does the smaller plug connect to the smaller wiring harness from the stereo? And I assume that wiring interface would give me the power needed to turn on my stereo?

Later. Pepse.
Pepse33

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - July 22nd, 2021, 5:21 pm

I don't understand why you are running the constant power (yellow wire to radio) to the power point, and certainly can't figure out how it would blow a fuse. I thought you had at least a semi featured wiring harness adapter that you could get the constant power from and all the speakers and ground.

Yellow to constant 12V (white/red wire on vehicle, probably yellow on connector adapter)
Red to switched 12V (either to a fuse in the fuse box or the spendy adapter with logic)
black to ground (I am sure it is available from the connector adapter)
speakers to the speakers on the adapter

I don't think you are trying to retain steering wheel controls, don't have SYNC, don't have premium with an amp and sub woofer, about as easy as it gets.

Not having a Gen 2 Escape I just look at the specs, and now that I see the relay below fuse 41 I understand how it is a blocker, but there are so many more switched fuses to use, that personally would be my first choice, but since it is blocked, any of the others already listed would be okay.

If I was to do similar in my 2012 Fusion (which I am not) I would want the full featured adapter because I have steering controls, SYNC, rear view camera, premium sound, etc. If I didn't have all that, I wouldn't bother, I have wired up many things to the fuse box using those taps (dash cams, bluetooth adapters, trailer lights, DVD player, etc).
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6

Postby Pepse33 - July 23rd, 2021, 3:31 pm

bangster,

The wiring harness adapter is a Red Wolf. And of course I matched wire for wire with the Pioneer system and have probably 10 extra wires of the Red Wolf/Ford adapter. Yes this is a basic radio no Sub woofer, only 4 speakers and NO controls on steering wheel. As for what I did in using the front power point is to try to establish power to the system because the fuse tap is apparently the wrong one. I think it is made for standard fuses whereas I have the smaller fuses.

Hopefully this shows where I am with this mess.

Later. Pepse.
Pepse33

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - July 26th, 2021, 12:10 am

I am not sure what size fuse your 08 takes.
These are the 4 most common size and shapes of Ford fuses (and a maxi to the side):
left to right:
(micro2) - (low profile mini) - (mini) - (ato/regular)
For scale a Maxi in below them
I don't think it uses the cartridge type (Ford only seems to use those under the hood, and I don't think on a Gen2 Escape).
I am lucky enough to have vehicles that use all these types. Only tap I didn't try to get was the micro3 which is a 3 leg micro which my 2015 Fusion has 1 or 2 of.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6

Previous

Return to Audio/Video Mods