Stock Sirius

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

Re: Stock Sirius

Postby JasonOnTheRez - March 12th, 2020, 6:02 pm

shovel wrote:I don't have a subscription to Sirius but my 2009 came with the Sirius equipped radio, and whenever the radio system is powered on in any mode if the audio is quiet enough (bluetooth with music paused or very soft music, aux selected but not plugged in, fm selected but between stations, etc) I can hear the Sirius program playing.. that part is kinda unwanted :( I might unplug the antenna some time, see if that does anything about it.

If you go to the Sirius website, there is a place where you get them to send a reset signal to the radio. Maybe we both need to do that!
JasonOnTheRez

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby bluto - March 12th, 2020, 7:06 pm

@JasonOnTheRez I am glad the swap worked for you! I don't know much about the favorites when using Sirius since I have never subscribed. Maybe the favorites on Sirius work the same as the presets for regular AM/FM radio? Try pressing and holding one of the number buttons to save a new preset while listening to Sirius.

@shovel For 2009, you could possibly have the satellite receiver under the passenger seat. If it is there, then just unplug it. That's what I did on mine and now it's input doesn't get selected when pressing the media button on the steering wheel, bonus! But if you have it integrated into the head unit, then the unplugging the antenna will do the trick.
Current: 2008 Escape XLT
Previous: 2002 Tribute ES V6
bluto

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Postby JasonOnTheRez - July 1st, 2020, 11:06 pm

So it's been 3 months and I am loving the Sirius radio. When I got it from the wrecked car from eBay, it must have been already activated and paid for on the subscription, because its still working. I figured out the "Direct" button to go straight to the station I want. Hitting the arrows on the steering wheel control obviously just randomly skips it around. The arrow key on the dash increments the station one by one. Hit the Direct button, the the channel you want, then OK goes straight to the channel you want.
JasonOnTheRez

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Nasaathoff - January 22nd, 2021, 7:01 pm

Hi there, new here. Just bought a 2009 Escape today and have the same “no sat radio” message. I’ve read a little bit about it, that it could be either the antenna is not working properly, or that I don’t have the XM module for that feature. Do I need to take the radio off to see if has the module?
Nasaathoff

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Charles - January 22nd, 2021, 8:57 pm

Nasaathoff wrote:Hi there, new here. Just bought a 2009 Escape today and have the same “no sat radio” message. I’ve read a little bit about it, that it could be either the antenna is not working properly, or that I don’t have the XM module for that feature. Do I need to take the radio off to see if has the module?

I think I found out what you need for your issue. You will find a screenshot attached with some information I found on the Interwebs.

Screenshot 2021-01-22 195411.jpg

I am also attaching a link to the thread in question. ForScan.org
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In

Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

E-C LEVEL 22
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Postby bluto - January 24th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Re-read the first few posts in this thread. Particularly this: https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.p ... 22#p580738

Do you have the satellite radio antenna? With that information, the correct path forward can be recommended.
Current: 2008 Escape XLT
Previous: 2002 Tribute ES V6
bluto

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Previous

Return to Audio/Video Mods