08 Escape XLT Pioneer 2660NEX PAC C2R-FRD1 Axxess AX-TRUG1

Stereo, speakers, A/V, Sirius, amplifiers, navigation, wiring, more

08 Escape XLT Pioneer 2660NEX PAC C2R-FRD1 Axxess AX-TRUG1

Postby Jlh2003 - July 20th, 2020, 11:42 pm

Installing a Pioneer 2660NEX in my 2008 Escape XLT Im using a PAC C2R-FRD1 & Axxess AXTRIG

Unsure of a few things:

PAC piece has a red/white wire for Parking brake, should this also be connected to the green from HU and green from the axxess piece? Axxess piece has black for ground, blue for amp turn on and green for parking brake to radio, also has a yellow wire NA since its for alpine units only.

Also PAC piece has a purple/white VSS wire, is this nessacary to hook this up since the radio wiring doesnt have a VSS wire? If so where is the VSS wire located?

Pac piece also has RCA AUX jack should i be able to use a 3.5mm male to 2x RCA female adapter and retain the factory aux location? like this https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-6in ... NWBQKTQSMK
Jlh2003

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 08 Escape XLT Pioneer 2660NEX PAC C2R-FRD1 Axxess AX-TRU

Postby bluto - July 21st, 2020, 11:26 am

Yes the PAC red/white parking brake wire should be connected to the HU light green parking brake wire.

The VSS wire is not needed. On some radios it is used to automatically raise the volume when the vehicle speeds up.

The two aux connectors from the 16 pin harness should be connected to the aux input of the new HU to use the stock location 1/8" audio input jack. Page 2 of the PAC install manual recommends using a PAC SNI-1 ground loop isolator between the aux connectors and HU if distortion occurs.
Current: 2008 Escape XLT
Previous: 2002 Tribute ES V6
bluto

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Postby Jlh2003 - July 21st, 2020, 11:43 pm

Thanks! I did not connect the red/white to the green parking HU wire since im using the axxess piece to do a bypass, i havent figured out how to do the pioneer weblink so videos play on the HU yet so I may need to fix that and figure out how weblink works so video shows up.
I isolated, crimped and heat shrinked the VSS wire

I'll have to get a adapter to connect to use factory AUX, but there isnt really a need to use AUX with bluetooth and apple carplay features so i dont forsee ever using the aux.

@bluto any reccomendations where to mount the USB plug off the HU?

bluto wrote:Yes the PAC red/white parking brake wire should be connected to the HU light green parking brake wire.

The VSS wire is not needed. On some radios it is used to automatically raise the volume when the vehicle speeds up.

The two aux connectors from the 16 pin harness should be connected to the aux input of the new HU to use the stock location 1/8" audio input jack. Page 2 of the PAC install manual recommends using a PAC SNI-1 ground loop isolator between the aux connectors and HU if distortion occurs.
Jlh2003

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bluto - July 22nd, 2020, 5:17 pm

On mine I just have the USB cable coming out of the of the back (towards the front of the vehicle) of the lower bezel that contains the aux jack, lighter plug, etc. With this arangement, a plugged in USB thumb drive rests in the 'spare change' area in front of the shifter. The cable gets pinched in place by the bezel plastic but not enough to damage it. It is not worth tying to fit the factory bezel that has USB onto an '08 since the ones with USB are from an '09 and up and the anti-skid button on those years is different than an '08.

You can also stretch the USB cable over to the glove box and have it hanging inside of there.
Current: 2008 Escape XLT
Previous: 2002 Tribute ES V6
bluto

E-C LEVEL 3
My vehicle: 2008 Escape XLT

Return to Audio/Video Mods