Switch to full site
Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more
Topic locked

Re: Problems logging in?

July 20th, 2010, 11:51 pm

For the past year or so I've only been able to access the Escape City site from my MacBook Air which I don't often use for anything except business (yeah, right).

For whatever reason, my desktop iMac is refused access and that is the machine I typically surf the 'net with... so, I only post on the rare times when I am travelling with my MB Air and have some spare time.

Oh well... better one than none.

:wall:

February 10th, 2011, 5:46 pm

My 2011 has 2 slots on each door.
Bill

February 11th, 2011, 8:17 am

wsweitzer wrote:My 2011 has 2 slots on each door.
Bill

I am so utterly confused by this statement

Activation issues / email issues

February 18th, 2011, 9:17 pm

For the past week, the board software has had issues sending out emails. We are aware of this problem and are working towards a fix. In the meantime, new account activation emails can not be sent out, and subscription notifications are also affected.

If you are a new user with an unactivated account, please send an email to [email protected] with your username and we will activate it manually. Sorry for the inconvenience. :beer:

February 21st, 2011, 10:33 am

+1
I think it must've been intended for some other thread

February 24th, 2011, 11:48 pm

I've been getting this a lot lately:
" You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below."

And this is just trying to log in ONCE! On the first try!

I have cookies enabled. So what's the problem with this? Any ideas?

February 24th, 2011, 11:54 pm

+1 (I get same as fotojack). Maybe I've made a typo in my pw; if that's the case, maybe it should allow one failed attempt, and only bring on the image code after 2nd failure?

February 25th, 2011, 12:08 am

I think it has something to do with the new board software. I get that when trying to log in to the administration panel.

February 25th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Same here. Unfortunately, it looks like phpbb 3.0.8 is loaded with more than just a few bugs.

I can't wait until 3.0.9 is released.

:rant:

Here's a sample from another admin in another forum:

updating to 3.0.8 will not help the email problem. I have exactly the same problems.

Registration emails do go out.
Reminder emails do not
I tried sending an email to "administrator" using the mass email and it went out and also all the backed up reminder emails went out along with it.

I haven't tried the other systems yet.

PS setting up smtp didn't solve the problem.

:cuss:

February 25th, 2011, 1:45 pm

fotojack wrote:I've been getting this a lot lately:
" You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below."

And this is just trying to log in ONCE! On the first try!

I have cookies enabled. So what's the problem with this? Any ideas?
:censor:
Same here :bill: . I just adjust to the new level of "Login Security" :wall: , and type in the appropriate coding... ;)
Topic locked