Aftermarket Wheels for 2010 Escape

Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more

Re: Aftermarket Wheels for 2010 Escape

Postby Deardorff - March 31st, 2018, 9:36 am

On wheels, needed a set for winter specific tires. Have a 2011 Escape and wheels from out 2005 Chrysler Town & Country fit. Same specs as factory wheels from Ford. Some nice choices and the quality is good.
Deardorff

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby MadMax - April 1st, 2018, 12:21 am

Deardorff wrote:On wheels, needed a set for winter specific tires. Have a 2011 Escape and wheels from out 2005 Chrysler Town & Country fit. Same specs as factory wheels from Ford. Some nice choices and the quality is good.

I never knew this, good info :thumb:
2010 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 AWD, Sun and Sync. Mods: OEM Running boards modded with LED lighting and red accent. LED lighting lower bumper front and rear. Paramount Grille, LED DRLs and fog lights, Interior LED accents, Custom Mud Flaps, Body side and bumper moldings, Blackened fog light bezels and ESCAPE letters, Chrome wheel skins, Tail light guards, Chrome exhaust tip, Custom roof rack with Carbon Fiber and red accents, Strut Tower bar, K&N filter, AVS Vent Visors

Formerly: 2006 Mazda Tribute

"Because I can... and I did, sure won't do that again"
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby bangster - April 1st, 2018, 10:58 am

Some more recent vintage Chrysler/Dodges have a 115mm BP which is close and the Crown Vic guys frequently run them, having the same BP as Gen 1 and Gen 2 E's (114.3), successfully. The Town and Country seems an oddity at 114.3.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby csonni - April 3rd, 2018, 10:52 am

My warning light and chime came on today with a Tire Pressure Monitor Fault. Brought it to the shop that installed them and the tires. They checked out each TMPS with their tool and all 4 checked out with good batteries. I set up an appointment to have them do a relearn.
csonni

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby csonni - April 4th, 2018, 8:24 am

Light and chime didn't come on today when heading to the shop. Without the light on, they can use the activation tool, apparently. They gave me the instructions on how to do the relearn myself by letting out the air. I've pasted this link. I don't think the release of air pressure will work according to this video. Also, I don't see the link he mentioned at the end for the purchase of the activation tool. I'd like to have one of those on hand.

http://www.mikecastruccifordmilford.com ... s-in-ford/

Found the activation Tool on amazon.ca but the price is too high.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ford-TPMS-Sensor- ... +tpms+tool

I see a larger 3rd party one for $30.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pressure-Monitor- ... tool&psc=1
csonni

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby csonni - May 8th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Light came on the other day with “low tire pressure.” Took it to the shop. They could pull the temp and pressures but couldn’t get the Escape to relearn the TPMS sensors. They spent a bit of time on it but didn’t charge me anything. Not sure where to go from here. All the tire pressures are good by the way.
csonni

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby csonni - June 15th, 2018, 1:02 pm

The warning light switched from “Low Tire Pressure” to “Tire Pressure Sensor Fault” yesterday. Took it in and got it into learn mode but still no luck. He suggested I take it one, fill the tires above specs, set it into relearn mode and let the pressure out until the horn sounds. I got it into relearn mode by turning on the 4-way flashers 3 times. Let the air out of the front left.....still no luck. I’d love to get this sorted out. If two garages can’t Get them activated it’s their tool, I don’t think there’d be any reason for my to get a tool myself. All the batteries in the sensors are good. Go figure!
csonni

E-C LEVEL 2

Postby Captain Chris - December 3rd, 2019, 12:51 am

csonni wrote:Thanks for that explanation. Tire shops around here don’t explain it at all. What I don’t get is, that I’ve rotated tires several times on my Escape without any TPMS issues at all.

Well, that sounds pretty good: obviously, things stayed close enough to not lose signal...
I am can't say for sure, but if your car was off the whole time, that might have helped...

If you DO get a low pressure warning, you might want to double check all, as it might be telling you to check the wrong tire...just a guess, but can't cost much but a little time to check all...

CC, OUT!
Captain Chris

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Captain Chris
My vehicle: 2008 Mercury Mariner
My vehicle's name: The Car with No Name!

Previous

Return to Tires And Rims