Tire pressure sensors - new to me rims

Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more

Tire pressure sensors - new to me rims

Postby Joe Smith - September 8th, 2019, 10:44 am

Have a 2011 Escape and got a good set of rims. They have the sensors with the metal bands. I want to put new sensors in so the system will work with the winter Nokian Hakka's on it.
OK to cut the metal bands off and replace the old sensors with new - non banded sensors?
If so, what is one of the better models to use?
Joe Smith

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Tire pressure sensors - new to me rims

Postby jaywish - September 9th, 2019, 8:22 am

For the 2012 I used the Continental sensors. VDO SE10001HP REDI-Sensor. So far so good from December 2016. Should be able to find a set of 4 at a good price on Amazon or elsewhere.

This model has the metal stem. They also offer a less expensive rubber stem model which is speed limited to 110mph? Would probably be just fine.

Jay
12 Ford Escape AWD Limited Silver/Charcoal 302a, 17" wheels+Cooper CS5 ultra, Park Assist, Mods-> steps, 16" 6 spokes+Cooper Discoverer Sport M+S snows, Compustar Alarm/Remote Start, Husky floor & trunk liners, Centric front drilled, slotted, cryo rotors & Wagner OEX1047B pads.
89 Merc Grand Marquis Colony Park GTLS, Light Adobe/Tan, Mods = HO, Explorer intake, SS Duals, big brakes fore & aft, auto air shocks, posi, Hella H1's & H2's, 16" HPP rims, police sway, aluminum driveshaft, tranny cooler etc.
03 Merc Marauder DPB/Charcoal, HS, 6disk, spoiler, organizer Mods = M&Z control arms, oil deflector, SilverStars, U-Haul Tranny Pan
02 Mercedes SL500 Silver Arrow.
08 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited with HID's Mods = posi, Z rated Cooper 235/55-17 Zeon RS3-A tires, Addco 1" rear Sway, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter 05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
jaywish

E-C LEVEL 2
My nickname: Jay
My vehicle: 2012 Escape Limited Awd

Return to Tires And Rims