16 Inch Steel Wheels

Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more

16 Inch Steel Wheels

Postby Undefinedviewer - February 9th, 2020, 3:58 pm

I'm looking to replace my OE 16 inch wheels with black steel wheels. Could I use 16 inch Crown Vic. steel wheels? I am having trouble finding black steel wheels online that are confirmed to fit my 2010 Ford Escape.
Undefinedviewer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: 16 Inch Steel Wheels

Postby bangster - February 9th, 2020, 5:44 pm

The OEM 16 inch wheels on your 2010 are 7x16 with 45mm offset and a 67.1 center bore.
2003+ Panthers (Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis) have same 7x16 with 45mm offset, and a larger center bore at 70.5, so they will work.
Up to 2002 they are 7x16 but only 26mm offset, so they will stick out 3/4 of an inch compared to OEM. That might be okay.

With the larger center bore you might want to get centering rings, they help with installing the wheels, but since all OEM wheels are lug centric with tapered lugs, they really shouldn't be required, just nice to have.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby vpasla1 - February 10th, 2020, 12:23 am

I'm curious why you'd want to downgrade to heavier steel wheels.

I'm partial to alloy wheels as I dislike the look of the black steelies
vpasla1

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby Undefinedviewer - February 10th, 2020, 8:40 am

I just bought my 2010 and the previous owner(s) scuffed all 4 alloy rims to hell. The car is Sterling Grey so I am looking for some wheels that are black to contrast better with the grey. I just recently saw an Escape with black steel rims w/ Crown Vic. chrome center caps that I like the look of a lot.
Attachments
F074712E-A5FD-4BF0-B0A0-3874FBB40B74~2-1.jpg
Had to crop half the picture to post it
Undefinedviewer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - February 10th, 2020, 9:24 am

I am not really a fan of the black wheel movement, but if you go with black wheels, I say steelies are the way to go. That 2013+ you show in the picture might have came with those steel wheels (S had steel wheels and hub caps). That is a different bolt pattern but lots of 5x108 bolt pattern cars have steel wheels. I put wheels that would fit it on my 2015 Fusion with winter tires. Purely for economic and durability reasons, my daughter doesn't like the way it looks. If I could have gotten some other 16 inch wheels for the same $50 a piece, like OEM take offs, I probably would have.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby Undefinedviewer - February 10th, 2020, 11:18 am

I'm looking to get a set of AT tires as well with the new wheels, preferably I'd like to buy the wheels and tires as a package from somewhere that can include new TPMS for all 4 wheels and mount the tires. However, the only place I can seem to find 16 inch steel wheels for my escape is on ebay. I guess last resort I'll buy the wheels off ebay and take it to my local tire shop to get my tires and have them installed.
Undefinedviewer

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - February 10th, 2020, 2:01 pm

I bought wheels from Summit, TPMS from Amazon, and tires from Tirerack. I had the wheels and TPMS sent to the residence (my daughter 1000 miles away), the tires to a tire shop close (I picked a Firestone store for proximity, open at least Saturday, and cost including the TPMS services).

Yes, if you get the package from someplace like Tirerack they are on the hook for all parts being correct for your application, and stops the finger pointing. Other than the tire place mounted the rear tires and wheels on the wrong side (directional winter/snow tires) it all went fine, and this was my daughter dealing with the taking the car and parts in and getting the work done, I was just funded it and ordered all of it and setup the appointment to get the work done.

If it had been for me, I would have had it all sent to me, I would have taken them in to the shop, got mounted and balanced (and installed the TPMS) and swapped them out on my own at home.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Return to Tires And Rims