Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Dome light and cornering lamps don't function on 06 Mariner

5K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  sanchezkk 
#1 ·
I just bought an 06 Mariner and I tried to replace the dome light with a white LED by Sylvania. The original one that I removed was broken and it was obvious why that one didn't work. Now I installed a spanking brand new light and the dome light still doesn't work. I won't power on when I move the switch to the on position or anything. Also, I've noticed that my cornering lights do not function either. :wall: :confused: :fan: :bag: Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kenn Sanchez

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

#3 ·
sanchezkk said:
I just bought an 06 Mariner and I tried to replace the dome light with a white LED by Sylvania. The original one that I removed was broken and it was obvious why that one didn't work. Now I installed a spanking brand new light and the dome light still doesn't work. I won't power on when I move the switch to the on position or anything. Also, I've noticed that my cornering lights do not function either. :wall: :confused: :fan: :bag: Any suggestions?
I didn't know that they had cornering lights (light that illuminates solid white pointed down at the road when your turn signal is on), it has a corner amber light, and a turn signal below it. The manual doesn't show a cornering light replacement, is it LED?

There doesn't seem to be a separate fuse for the dome light either, the high beams, turns, and interior lights seem to share the same underhood PD fuse.

#5 ·
Interesting, I am used to Mercurys having the cornering lamp where the Ford version of the car doesn't (my Grand Marquis has it, Crown Victorias do not), but it shows it as such in the manual.

The manual shows it as an amber bulb and calls it a sidemarker light I think:

Park/turn are the dot low and near the grille
Side turn-signal lamp should be the orange slot one down low
Front sidemarker should be the one you are talking about, it shows it taking an amber bulb, and I guess always be solid on orange when lights are in Park or headlights.

But the owners manual are sometimes wrong, hopefully someone that has one will chime in.

The owner manual shows it as not easily replaced (see dealer) I guess maybe the light needs removed to get to it?

#7 ·
bangster said:
sanchezkk said:
I didn't know that they had cornering lights (light that illuminates solid white pointed down at the road when your turn signal is on), it has a corner amber light, and a turn signal below it. The manual doesn't show a cornering light replacement, is it LED?

There doesn't seem to be a separate fuse for the dome light either, the high beams, turns, and interior lights seem to share the same underhood PD fuse.
I get what you're saying. You said PD Fuse. What is PD fuse?

#8 ·
sanchezkk said:
bangster said:
sanchezkk said:

I get what you're saying. You said PD Fuse. What is PD fuse?
Does anyone know what he meant about PD fuse?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

#9 ·
The Power Distribution box fuse. Usually they are higher amperage and feed multiple things inside the car, and things that don't need to go all the way into the passenger compartment for. You would likely have other things not working if it is the power distribution fuse.

If the new one is an LED, unlike a regular bulb they need oriented one way, with positive on one side and negative on the other, did you try switching it around? I don't know if you are still trying to solve the dome light or the cornering lamp or both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.