Cruise Control not functioning

Discuss your Mercury Mariner here.

Cruise Control not functioning

Postby sanchezkk - March 15th, 2019, 8:46 pm

2006 Mercury Mariner FWD V6
When I attempt to activate the cruise control like for example while driving on the interstate, it will not engage. Please assist.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
sanchezkk

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2006 Mercury Mariner FWD Lxy
My vehicle's name: Silvie

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Cruise Control not functioning

Postby bangster - March 16th, 2019, 10:40 am

The speed control uses the same fuse as the ABS, so if the light comes on when in engine run not running, and goes off when running, it likely isn't the fuse.

When you turn it on, does the speed control light (small dial with a pointer on it) that is top right just over the right side of the speedometer come on? Do you have any problems shifting out of park?
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby sanchezkk - March 16th, 2019, 1:44 pm

I turned on my car and noticed that the little speedometer with the needle does not show. As you can see from the photo my steering wheel has the controls for the cruise control. The next photo shows the picture of the dashboard and it shows the little speedometer you said with a little needle in the picture but the next picture which is the picture of my dashboard when I turn the car on the speedometer with a needle does not show like the picture in the book. I hope this helps. Thanks in advance.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
sanchezkk

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - March 16th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Oops, I meant the ABS light, the speed control one isn't one that is tested during the bulb test. I think I see at the edge the ABS light on. If it goes out when you start then shouldn't be the fuse.

The speed control defaults to off every time to shut off the car. When you press On the steering controls does the speed control light come on the dash? Does the horn work? It could be the control switches or the clock spring or the module or many things. I have had to replace a clock spring and replace controls both to get cruise working again. It is still mechanical/external control on yours I think, it isn't a drive by wire vehicle where that moved to the PCM.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby sanchezkk - March 16th, 2019, 5:57 pm

bangster wrote:Oops, I meant the ABS light, the speed control one isn't one that is tested during the bulb test. I think I see at the edge the ABS light on. If it goes out when you start then shouldn't be the fuse.

The speed control defaults to off every time to shut off the car. When you press On the steering controls does the speed control light come on the dash? Does the horn work? It could be the control switches or the clock spring or the module or many things. I have had to replace a clock spring and replace controls both to get cruise working again. It is still mechanical/external control on yours I think, it isn't a drive by wire vehicle where that moved to the PCM.

To answer your first: The answer is no. I do not see the speed control does not show on the dash when I press cruise on the steering wheel.
The second answer is yes, my horn does work.
sanchezkk

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to Mariner Manor