Vibration-2016 1.6

Talk about anything related to your 2013 - 2016 Escape and 2012 - Present Kuga here!

Vibration-2016 1.6

Postby ttownescape - February 22nd, 2018, 4:45 pm

In the last couple of weeks, several times as I've been driving I've got a vibration in the car between 50-60MPH. Sometimes slight, a couple of time it would rattle a can in the cup holder. I have a friend who is a mechanic right across the street from where I work and I let him check it out. I thought that maybe a tire was out of balance, but no luck. He balanced all four tires and they are good. He thinks its somewhere in the driveline and since its still under the 60,000 power train warranty and he didn't want to tear into it. I have 45,000 miles, has anyone had a similar problem?
ttownescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2016 Ford Escape SE 4WD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Vibration-2016 1.6

Postby ttownescape - September 27th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Here's a update on the situation. Shortly after my earlier post I took my car to the dealer. Of course it acted perfectly while at the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. In the months since then the shuddering would come and go. The last few days it has been doing it more and more. I was on the highway last night and between 65-70mph I started felling a vibration thru the gas pedal. It got worse and the whole car was shaking pretty severely. If I slightly let off the gas pedal it would smooth out and when I would give it a little gas it would shake till I let off. On the way on the way to work this morning it was doing it a 45mph, it has always been at highway speed before. I have 700 miles left on the 60,000 mile powertrain warranty and I don't to take it to the dealer until its doing it all the time or they will say its fine. Very frustrating. I have read on line that some 2016 Escapes have had transmission problems and Ford has said they have no fix. Its supposedly a software problem. I don't know if its my problem or not. Anybody else having trouble.
ttownescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Re: Vibration-2016 1.6

Postby ttownescape - October 3rd, 2018, 4:41 pm

Here is the latest. I was down to 400 miles left on the power train warranty and I was getting desperate. I had already taken it in to a dealer close to where I work and 2 private mechanics In the industrial park where I work. Nobody had a clue. I decided to take it to a different Ford dealer across town this morning. They called this afternoon and said I had a broken motor mount and a bad half shaft, all covered under the powertrain warranty. What a relief, I love my escape but I was getting worried I was in trouble. As a bonus, the dealer gave me a 2018 F150 4x4 to drive until my car is fixed. I probably shouldn't have driven it. I might not want to go back to my escape. When I start dreaming about a new truck though, I just look at the sticker price and my Escape seems much nicer then.
ttownescape

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Return to 2013 - 2016 Escape / 2012 - Present Kuga General Discussion