Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Talk about anything related to your 2013 - 2016 Escape and 2012 - Present Kuga here!

Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby mavrick96 - February 25th, 2019, 10:50 am

Hello all. So I took the splurge and upgraded my 2005 Ford Escape to a 2015 Ford Escape Titanium edition!

So far loving the vehicle and it's great. I am new to the traction control option though. Does it kick in when deaccelerating? I noticed that while in stop and go traffic that when I come to a light and begin to slow down there is a extra "brake" feeling. Although I'm pressing the brake it feels like something else is engaging. Is that normal for the traction control or is something else I'm not aware of?

Thanks guys!
mavrick96
 
Posts: 54
E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
Joined: January 22nd, 2014, 9:44 pm

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement
 

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby bangster - February 25th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Congrats on the new ride! 1.6 or 2.0? FWD or AWD?

That isn't traction control causing the engine braking sensation, not sure what to make of it.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster
 
Posts: 1024
E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Location: Tucson AZ
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby mavrick96 - February 25th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Thanks!

Sorry! Its a 2.0 L FWD.

Anyone else with this vehicle that knows what it may be?
mavrick96
 
Posts: 54
E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
Joined: January 22nd, 2014, 9:44 pm

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby bangster - February 25th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Are you using Sport mode? I use Sport mode in my 2017 with the 1.5, and it does increase engine braking by holding lower gears longer and down shifting at a higher rpm.

If you aren't using it, try it and see if it amplifies the feel that you get of more engine braking that you are used to.
Moving the gearshift lever to sport (S):
• Provides additional grade (engine) braking and extends lower gear operation to enhance performance for uphill climbs, hilly terrain or mountainous areas. This will increase engine RPM during engine braking.
• Provides additional lower gear operation through the automatic transmission shift strategy.
• Gears are selected more quickly and at higher engine speeds.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster
 
Posts: 1024
E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Location: Tucson AZ
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby bangster - February 25th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Plus you are going from 152 hp 152 lb feet torque and a 4 speed to 240 hp 270 lb feed of torque with a 6 speed, there has got to be a significant amount of differences!
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster
 
Posts: 1024
E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Location: Tucson AZ
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby Charles - February 25th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Congratulations on your new Escape!!! :yahoo:
ImageMaps of US States And Canadian Provinces Camped In


Federal Ownership Respectfully Declined
Present Vehicle
2015 F450 Platinum Crew Cab Long Bed DRW, White Platinum Tricoat, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 225/70R/19.5 tires, Almost every option known to man (except a sunroof). Ford 27.5K Fifth Wheel Hitch; AirRide LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension System with LoadController Single Air Compressor System; 60 gallon RDS Aluminum Auxiliary Tank; Lund 6132 5th Wheel Truck Box
"19.5s are chick magnets"
Former Vehicles
2016 Escape Titanium FWD, Shadow Black, Equipment Pkg 301A, Titanium Technology Package with HID Auto Headlamps, BLIS, Active Park Assist, 2.0L EcoBoost, Panoramic Vista Roof, SYNC3 with Navigation, 19" wheels
User avatar
Charles
Super Moderator and Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness
 
Posts: 20439
E-C LEVEL 22
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Location: West Virginia
My nickname: Charles
My vehicle: 2015 F-450 Platinum DRW 4x4

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby FRENCHY - February 25th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Congrats on the new E :thumb: :thumb:
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
Image
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
User avatar
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C
 
Posts: 16322
E-C LEVEL 21
Joined: December 15th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Location: Montréal, Canada
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby mavrick96 - February 26th, 2019, 8:32 pm

bangster wrote:Plus you are going from 152 hp 152 lb feet torque and a 4 speed to 240 hp 270 lb feed of torque with a 6 speed, there has got to be a significant amount of differences!



Definitely! I've tried both D and Sport and really enjoy the Sport although it still really drives nice in D. Big step-up in power. I knew if I upgraded I wanted the 2.0.

I did notice it more in the shifting with S. I just wanted to make sure that feeling was normal when it downshifts. Also wasn't sure if it had anything to do with Traction Control. Is driving in Sport bad in the long term? Also, I know it says to fill with 87 but have you notice any difference in gas mileage with a higher grade?


Thanks everyone!
mavrick96
 
Posts: 54
E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
Joined: January 22nd, 2014, 9:44 pm

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby bangster - February 26th, 2019, 10:12 pm

mavrick96 wrote:
bangster wrote:Plus you are going from 152 hp 152 lb feet torque and a 4 speed to 240 hp 270 lb feed of torque with a 6 speed, there has got to be a significant amount of differences!



Definitely! I've tried both D and Sport and really enjoy the Sport although it still really drives nice in D. Big step-up in power. I knew if I upgraded I wanted the 2.0.

I did notice it more in the shifting with S. I just wanted to make sure that feeling was normal when it downshifts. Also wasn't sure if it had anything to do with Traction Control. Is driving in Sport bad in the long term? Also, I know it says to fill with 87 but have you notice any difference in gas mileage with a higher grade?


Thanks everyone!

If you look at the brochure for it, they rated the HP running premium fuel, but not the fuel mileage. It might be good for a little more HP, but it isn't needed to run premium. Probably not worth it, when premium was more likely to be .10 more than regular maybe, but I rarely see it for less that .35/.40 more a gallon.

No problem driving in Sport all the time. It probably has a negative effect on mileage, and sometimes it is a little annoying and unnecessary like cruising on the interstate a little bit of a hill it will aggressively downshift and keeping these anything near 3000/3500rpm and "in the boost" has a negative effect on mileage for sure.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster
 
Posts: 1024
E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Location: Tucson AZ
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: Upgraded 2015 Ford Escape Titanium!

Postby mavrick96 - February 26th, 2019, 10:23 pm

bangster wrote:
mavrick96 wrote:
bangster wrote:Plus you are going from 152 hp 152 lb feet torque and a 4 speed to 240 hp 270 lb feed of torque with a 6 speed, there has got to be a significant amount of differences!



Definitely! I've tried both D and Sport and really enjoy the Sport although it still really drives nice in D. Big step-up in power. I knew if I upgraded I wanted the 2.0.

I did notice it more in the shifting with S. I just wanted to make sure that feeling was normal when it downshifts. Also wasn't sure if it had anything to do with Traction Control. Is driving in Sport bad in the long term? Also, I know it says to fill with 87 but have you notice any difference in gas mileage with a higher grade?


Thanks everyone!

If you look at the brochure for it, they rated the HP running premium fuel, but not the fuel mileage. It might be good for a little more HP, but it isn't needed to run premium. Probably not worth it, when premium was more likely to be .10 more than regular maybe, but I rarely see it for less that .35/.40 more a gallon.

No problem driving in Sport all the time. It probably has a negative effect on mileage, and sometimes it is a little annoying and unnecessary like cruising on the interstate a little bit of a hill it will aggressively downshift and keeping these anything near 3000/3500rpm and "in the boost" has a negative effect on mileage for sure.


Ok. I always heard mixed opinions on the Overdrive feature with my 2005 so just making sure I don't do anything to cause issues. I appreciate the feedback!
mavrick96
 
Posts: 54
E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
Joined: January 22nd, 2014, 9:44 pm

Next

Return to 2013 - 2016 Escape / 2012 - Present Kuga General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests