Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

New Issues With The New-To-Me Escape

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rahrena 
#1 ·
In a previous post, I had brought up my issues with MyKey, and having only one key that was not admin. This is resolved! I had also expected it to resolve what I -thought- was a MyKey restriction; my cruise control doesn't work. It won't even turn on. It did when I first bought it, though.

I first noticed that it didn't work after updating Sync. I don't know how it would be related, but it's a hell of a coincidence that the update happened and the next time I drove it, cruise control didn't work.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
I recognize this thread is old, but if the OP is still here, how did you reset the mykey without the admin key? Do you have the remote FOB or the standard key? Thanks for the response if you have the time to check back- sorry I don't have anything on the cruise control other than asking if your steering wheel controls were ever disconnected/reconnected. If you have any curiosity to check it out on how to get to the control connection point, you can check out a video we did here on swapping steering wheels on our '13- it has the steps to get to the plug in interface for the sync buttons and cruise controls on the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.