Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

New owner Q - Sold beloved TributeV6 now have 2013 Escape

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
Good morning all,

We just have sold the beloved 2008 Tribute V6. There were two show stopping issues. Rear suspension issue due to wheel well rust / rotting and it needed new coils to prevent misfires.

I now have a 2013 Escape SEL 4 Cyl Turbo FWD with only 77000 miles.

- What are the things I should be aware of and that i should keep an eye on ? The plan is to keep this one for many many years so if possible I want to be aware / take care / possibly fix the weak points as soon as possible.

- Are there any must have Ford / aftermarket accesories or upgrades ?

Thanks !

#2 ·
Congrats on the new Escape! Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is to make sure all your recalls have been addressed. There were a few in the early days of the 3rd gen Escape that were important. I myself have had a 2006 Tribute, 2010 Escape and now the 2017 Escape. All have been great cars, but my current 3rd gen has exceeded all my expectations. Good luck :yes:

#4 ·
The Sync (I believe you have the Sync with MyFordTouch) does not allow you the ability to use the Ford Pass app. It does allow you to pair your phone with Sync via Bluetooth to use the hands free features (phone calls, navigation [if you have it]. I had a 2013 Titanium Escape and a 2016 Titanium Escape.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.