There's Been a Change in my Life...

Talk about anything related to your 2017 - Present Ford Escape/ New Ford Kuga here!

There's Been a Change in my Life...

Postby MadMax - October 28th, 2020, 7:25 am

As a forum moderator and Escape-City member since the beginning I've been partial to these great little crossover/SUVs. I started out with a 2006 Tribute and at 172K miles I traded it on a 2010 Escape that has been my signature pic for years.

For awhile I've been looking for just the right newer Escape to replace my beloved 2010. I wanted a loaded Titanium with the 2.0 Turbo, AWD, Panoramic Sunroof and all the cold weather help (heated seats,mirrors block heater etc.) it could have. It had to be dark grey, but would have accepted all black with the Sport Appearance Package.

Well, last week I found TWO of these creatures at two different dealers, one was black the other dark grey. I spent the week working the best deal I could get and ended up trading my 2010 with a 150K miles on it for the dark grey one you see in my signature. I love it, I'm thrilled, but it was tough leaving my 2010 at the dealer as I pulled away :cry:

... but I'll get over it :yahoo:

Former Escape/Tribute

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: There's Been a Change in my Life...

Postby bangster - October 28th, 2020, 9:53 am

I can imagine it was difficult to leave behind the old one, but love the new one! Most Gen1 and Gen2 owners don't like the Gen3/3.5.

Nicely optioned out 2017! Glad you found one (more than one!) that contained what you wanted. My wife is the one who picked ours out, my only "requirement" was the tech pack for SYNC3 and halogen projectors, but should have pushed for the 2.0GTDI engine. Obviously it was easier when new since if we couldn't find it locally we could have found it at another dealership or special ordered it. Not as easy on the used car market.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Re: There's Been a Change in my Life...

Postby MadMax - October 28th, 2020, 2:19 pm

I agree, I've been looking for months for just the right Escape with the right options. When TWO showed-up near me I was shocked, but was able to pit one dealer against the other to get the best deal. It all worked to my advantage. I would have gladly paid more for either one... but, don't tell the dealers :shades:

It really was tough leaving the old one behind, actually a bit emotional :cry: , it was a good Escape and served me well. I took good care of it and someone is going to get a very good Escape for not a lot of money. It was just time for something newer
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Return to 2017 - Present Escape / New Kuga General Discussion