Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

2019 fwd 2.5 died one time, Cruise or TC?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vpasla1 
#1 ·
Very very weird! on a trip 700 miles one direction, one morning coming down a Long Hill in cruise control, came up on a light at a four-lane section of the highway, brake for stop light, engine bogged down conked out! (Seems like cruise control did not disengage, someone else suggested that it could be the torque converter) only 20K on the OD. There I was sitting in four lanes of traffic, angry drivers behind me, turned on the blinkers, somehow for some reason it did restart chugging enough to get it to the shoulder, turned everything off for a few mins then it restarted normally and it's been running normally ever since! with no more episodes seem like a one-time thing!

No check lights came on! no warnings! So I don't know what to tell the dealer when I take it in!

The only thing I did notice on the trip was the cruise control did not seem to work smoothly when coasting or coming off the interstate and slowing down.

And I am thinking was planning on driving this from east coast to West Coast!
Not feeling very comfortable with this one!

#2 ·
Well I was feeling okay with the vehicle so I did start my bucket list trip from the east coast to the West Coast!

I've put about 3000 miles on the car so far! But not to grow comfortable in my new vehicle... sure enough... I took it into a dealer because I thought I had just a soft tire or maybe a bed tire pressure sensor. But this is in Laramie Wyoming! the car is still at the shop they went to drive it around back plug a tire, and it didn't start! code came up open circuit on the fuel pump I can't @#$&@!* believe this Jinx I seem to have with vehicles !

Typical fashion can't get a straight answer but it does seem like I bad fuel pump and they probably will change it but I'm stranded for a couple days. Will update when I get it back, I'm still heading for California thousand miles to go!

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about the continued issues with the original and the replacement Escape. There should be no reason to not trust a brand new vehicle to perform very reasonable usage.

Hopefully they get to the bottom of it and fixed and don't completely mess up your road trip. The included Ford roadside doesn't include it, but do you have another roadside assistance? Sometimes they have trip interruption coverage that can help out.

My minor pains when I first got mine was more erring on the side of caution, but 62k miles later nothing much to report.

#4 ·
Very quiet forum!

Just an update!

I did drive across the country in my 2019 Ford Escape the problem did rear its ugly head in Laramie Wyoming!

I had a partially flat tire pulled into a dealership but I just happened to notice when I was about to continue my trip onto the interstate 80.

they went to start it take it round back to fix the flat tire and it wouldn't start! Turns out they said it was a fuel pump! being a trusting soul that I'm not I'll let them do it they fixed it returned the car to me at my hotel, next morning I checked out of the hotel I went to start it again and it died again! It chugalug back to the dealer is right up the street from the hotel.

It was a fuel pump driver module!

after I researched it I pretty much told them it would be The driver module!

And the service manager acknowledged my correctness when he returned the car to me it was definitely the FP driver module.

I worked my way back East to Tennessee my daughter's house now I've done about 8 to 10,000 miles I wasn't really tracking it but it hasn't had any problems since breakdown in Laramie Wyoming it was covered under warranty but that doesn't make it up for the aggravation does it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.