Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Signature pictures

3M views 142 replies 50 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
We've had a few rough days around here lately, so we (the mods) are putting up a set of E-C Posting Rules soon.

Until then, we've noticed that the size of some signature pictures is really getting out of control, some to the point of making entire threads unreadable. While I can't limit the picture size directly, we are going to ask everyone to limit signature picture sizes to around 300 pixels tall by 640 pixels wide, maximum.

Yes, there are users who use the site on smaller screens than HD or higher, and on phones and mobile devices (especially), these Jumbotron-sized signatures gobble up data plans like crazy, they make pages take minutes to finish, and they make the text on the site impossible to find.

If we see large signature pictures, we're going to start PMing users to make them smaller. If you can't do this yourself, PM me, and I'll do it for you.

Sorry, but the out-of-control stuff around here lately needs some control.

Thanks.

#102 ·
:welcome:

We ask everyone to limit signature picture sizes to around 300 pixels tall by 640 pixels wide, maximum
Follow the link bellow:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171&p=293607#p293607

After
Go to user control panel>Profile>edit signature> copy/Paste your code pics> submit and done :thumb:

#103 ·
whitekongpr said:
HI HOW CAN I USE MY ESCAPE PICTURES ON MY SIGNATURES?
It isn't that difficult if you have an account with a photo sharing site such as Photobucket.

1. Click the link "User Control Panel"

2. Click the "Profile" tab (2nd from the left going horizontally)

3. Click the "Edit Signature" tab (2nd tab from the top on the left side of the screen).

This will display the box as shown on the right side of this image.

Assuming you are using Photobucket, click the "Direct" link to the image you want to use and copy it. Click the [img ]button and paste the link you copied between the [IMG ] and [/img] tags in the signature box.

It should look similar to this

Code:
[img]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii255/cbramsey5898/Escape%20City/Photobucket_zps30302a92.png[/img]
As long as your image meets the size limitations for the forum (640 pixels wide by 300 pixels high maximum) the image will show up in your signature.

#104 ·
Just re-stating for those that find the sigs annoying....

RobtRoma said:
You can also turn off sigs in the control panel so you don't have to see them if you don't want to.

Go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences tab> Edit Display Options. The 4th option down is Display Signatures. Set that to off and you won't have to deal with any sig photos...

#108 ·
Each photo looks good but the 2 images together are too wide to be under the maximum requirements. Right now the 2 pics are 477 x 300 and 297 x 171. (477 + 297 = 774)

If you reduce the larger one so that it's vertical height matches the smaller photo 171 pixels, the 2 image sizes would be 272 x 171 and 297 x 171. (272+ 297 = 569) This would also look very similar to my sig pic layout...

#110 ·
Hi,
I need help with my signature pic. I tried posting it from photobucket but it says the pixels are to much (i guess). I tried to crop the photo thinking that would help but it does not. I am confused & not very computer literate. Can you help me get the pic I put in my signature to work?
TIA, Mike.

#111 ·
SNJEscape said:
Hi,
I need help with my signature pic. I tried posting it from photobucket but it says the pixels are to much (i guess). I tried to crop the photo thinking that would help but it does not. I am confused & not very computer literate. Can you help me get the pic I put in my signature to work?
TIA, Mike.
Evening Mike.

I have downloaded the picture that is linked in your signature, resized it, and emailed it to you.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to PM any of us mods. :peace:

#112 ·
Charles said:
SNJEscape said:
Hi,
TIA, Mike.
Evening Mike.

I have downloaded the picture that is linked in your signature, resized it, and emailed it to you.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to PM any of us mods. :peace:
Charles,
Thank you for your assistance, it works now.
Mike.

#113 ·
SNJEscape said:
Charles said:
SNJEscape said:
Hi,
TIA, Mike.
Evening Mike.

Charles,
Thank you for your assistance, it works now.
Mike.
Sweet!!!! :thumb:

#114 ·
Hey guys I haven't been around latelly and want to post some mods I have done but can"t remeber how to do it can some one PM me and help me out with that. It would be greatly Appreciated!! :thumb:

#115 ·
TIMETOESCAPE+FUN said:
Hey guys I haven't been around latelly and want to post some mods I have done but can"t remeber how to do it can some one PM me and help me out with that. It would be greatly Appreciated!! :thumb:
Take a look here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171&p=293607#p293607

#120 ·
SNJEscape said:
Hi,
TIA, Mike.
I'm having the same issue, though as with my avatar it could simply be my computer. I'll try again from a different computer before I raise the red flag (at least all the way).

#121 ·
Meatloafmountain said:
SNJEscape said:
Hi,
TIA, Mike.
I'm having the same issue, though as with my avatar it could simply be my computer. I'll try again from a different computer before I raise the red flag (at least all the way).
If you need assistance, don't hesitate to PM any of mods.

#122 ·
Tried multiple computers, and still the same message: Unable to determine file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.