Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Welcome to Mariner Manor!!!

16K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  MercuryEscapé22 
#1 ·
As a result of a request from some of our members, I would like to present to you Mariner Manor!!! :yahoo:

Feel free to post pics and discuss your Mercury Mariner here. :yes:

#2 ·
Bought my '05 Mariner in August last year.I saw this M sitting at a local Ford Dealer's lot as a 9 y.o. vehicle with only 68K miles on it.
3.0 V6, Ford's Inelegant 4WD, Leather, sunroof, heated front seats, heated mirrors, etc., etc. (Luxury Trim), for 11K (which I talked them down on).

Yeah, the Mariner is not equipped for the same off-road use as the Tribute or Escape (read that somewhere but cant remember)
but for my daily drive-style, its perfect. It does kinda annoy(?) me that other than Rims and expensive tires, not many people "mod" their Mercurys. I hope to be able to change that. With currently 77.5K miles on my M and hopefully another 122.5K left, I have a fair share of ideas..

Heck, I may be one of the only ones to frequent the Mariner Manor, but I'm glad they made it.
The M owners can bounce ideas off each other, with our own little sub forum easy to find :)

#3 ·
(got my personalized plates today) ..

That counts as a mod, right? lol

#6 ·
Ya, I did read that Merc's stopped being available up there in.... 99?

#7 ·
Come on Mariner owners. They are a good lookin' vehicle. Show em off! :shades:

#10 ·
I know like 2 names on this site that have Mariners.
ExplorerTom has moved up to a nice looking Excursion, and there is a tsauer(?) [who also lives here in Missouri]... Those are the only two I know of..
tsauer has a newer M. (08+).

#11 ·
Wooo! Yes, I have an '08 Mariner Premier that I purchased back in November. Haven't really done many modifications besides dipping the grille. I would like to get new HL/TL or do some modding to make them look a little more... sportier? All in all though, I love though my M. Will post a few pictures this weekend, the ones on my phone seem to have been erased.

#12 ·
tsauer09 said:
Wooo! Yes, I have an '08 Mariner Premier that I purchased back in November. Haven't really done many modifications besides dipping the grille. I would like to get new HL/TL or do some modding to make them look a little more... sportier? All in all though, I love though my M. Will post a few pictures this weekend, the ones on my phone seem to have been erased.
I've seen some of your other threads. The Snow one was nice. The black looks damn good, the dip job turned out real nice as well..

#14 ·
:clap: :thumb: :clap:

#17 ·
titanizer said:
:yahoo: Finally-a board for all of us Mariner fans!!!!
Yup.... We made a section for both of you... :D ;)

Hope we can get a few more Mariner fans to start posting here...

#19 ·
Hopefully this thread takes off. I am constantly looking for ideas and opinions from other Mariner owners.

#21 ·
Glad you like the look, Trey. I don't really have a walk-through, as I did not take anything apart and it was a pretty simple mod. I got some cardboard to place behind the grille to keep paint from getting on radiator and whatnot. Then, used newspaper and some painters tape to mask off the rest of the front. If you are going to use plastidip, as I did, then the masking isn't really a big issue because the plastidip peels off anywhere that you do not want it. I used one can of plastidip and one can of glossifier. The trick to plastidip is to be patient and do light coats, as it does not react like regular aerosol paint. Also, if you don't like how it turns out, peel it off and try again ;)

#22 ·
tsauer09 said:
Glad you like the look, Trey. I don't really have a walk-through, as I did not take anything apart and it was a pretty simple mod. I got some cardboard to place behind the grille to keep paint from getting on radiator and whatnot. Then, used newspaper and some painters tape to mask off the rest of the front. If you are going to use plastidip, as I did, then the masking isn't really a big issue because the plastidip peels off anywhere that you do not want it. I used one can of plastidip and one can of glossifier. The trick to plastidip is to be patient and do light coats, as it does not react like regular aerosol paint. Also, if you don't like how it turns out, peel it off and try again ;)
:thumb: thanks for the speedy reply

#23 ·
I have a 2008 M Premier 4WD that I bought last year. The wife an I love it. I'll try to post some pics in a little bit.

#24 ·
fuzz said:
I have a 2008 M Premier 4WD that I bought last year. The wife an I love it. I'll try to post some pics in a little bit.
Awesome, plz do.

#26 ·
Noticed there's not many mercury mariner modes out there

Mines
2007 mercury mariner primier 4x4 v6 3.0L
2inch lift kit
245/75r16 offroad tires
Front Billy bar
Off road lights
Raptor grill lights
Custom 3in exhaust with borla s type muffler
Cold air intake
Upgraded control arms
Tierods
Endlinks
Moog shocks and struts
Cross drilled and slotted brakes
Led headlights
Two toned white and black interior
Navigation screen
Sequential front turn signals
Tow package
No boundaries roof rack (from 2006 ford escape no boundaries edition)
Probably more cant remember all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.