Buying 08-12 interior parts

For sale, for trade, or maybe even for free!
Forum rules
Escape City cannot be held responsible for the results of transactions between members. Escape City encourages members to use PayPal, which has a dispute resolution process to help protect both buyers and sellers.

Buying 08-12 interior parts

Postby blackace936 - March 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Just purchased an 08 limited and looking to add some of the missing features. I'm looking to retrofit seat heaters and the navigation system.

I'm looking for the following components:

Media control steering wheel (tan)
Climate control with seat heaters
Navigation system
7 speaker premium sound system
Cargo area internal panel for subwoofer
blackace936

E-C LEVEL 1
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Limited AWD

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Buying 08-12 interior parts

Postby backroad101 - March 13th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Junkyard

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/d/fo ... 93224.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222862850107?s ... 1558.l2649
FYI going from manual to auto climate controls is not plug and play Also not sure cars without heated
seats are prewired for them. May want to look into that but you are welcome to buy my controls

Navigation system
If it were me I would go aftermarket

If it were me I would go aftermarket

Junkyard (that is where I got mine, out of a Tribute actually).

blackace936 wrote:Just purchased an 08 limited and looking to add some of the missing features. I'm looking to retrofit seat heaters and the navigation system.

I'm looking for the following components:

Navigation system

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby blackace936 - March 14th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Yeah I know the climate control isn't a direct swap as it's dual temperature zone and the wiring doesn't currently exist. I mostly need the module for the heater buttons because I want them to go in the same place and look factory. It'll take some cobbling and ingenuity to frankenstein the two together properly.
blackace936

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby backroad101 - March 14th, 2018, 7:35 pm

The heated seats on the first gen have the switches in the seat kinda buy where the power seat switches are. Might look into that for an easier factory look setup.

2011 Escape XLT

Silver. 2.5L Sun and Sync package. 18" Mazdaspeed3 wheels/Falken tires/Ford center caps. Body color grille, billet upper and lower inserts, chrome door handle and mirror covers, custom engine cover, Class III hitch.
https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23610
backroad101

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Postby EscapeFromLA - May 24th, 2018, 12:10 am

I've got a tan media control steering wheel in decent shape with a couple caveats:

- just the wheel, no airbag
- I actually reused the back plastic cover (i changed my wheel to black) so you'd need to use the one you have (pretty easy swap), as all I have for you is a black one :)

PM me if interested.

Also I heartily endorse the aftermarket suggestions. I have a LOooooooong overdue report on my $100 android tablet-turned nav system that is pretty great. google maps/waze nav for avoiding traffic, onboard music via MicroSD, streaming, ODB2 monitoring (nice to look in on the hybrid system)...trail maps...alexa...steering wheel AND center console controls with shortcuts to google assistant and NAV.

I also spent about 70 0r 80 on a sent of kenwood front speakers I would call a significant upgrade from the stock limited (non nav) ones.
EscapeFromLA

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Postby blackace936 - June 4th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I've got most of this list covered now from various sources but I'd still be interested in the steering wheel of yours. Is the leather in decent shape?

Only part I seem to be unable to buy or source is the cargo area passenger side panel that's meant for a subwoofer. No matter how many pick a parts I check or times I contact a ford wrecker they never have one. If anyone has one they could possible part with I'd REALLY love to hear from you
blackace936

E-C LEVEL 1

Postby EscapeFromLA - June 7th, 2018, 11:33 am

Yeah tan leather. It think the E had about 65k on it when I pulled it out so it's certainly not new, but you have to be looking pretty close to see anything other than that inevitable gloss leather wheels get over time.

Again, just wheel; no airbag or back plastic...if you can use it I'll certainly cut you a deal as it's just been sitting around
EscapeFromLA

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!

Return to Swap 'n Shop