Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Window Tinting

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DuratecDon2011 
#1 ·
If anyone is considering getting their windows tinted..just go get it done. Its amazing and well worth it. I got an 8in sunstrip on the windshield as well. I got a 20% tint in the front and 20% on top of the factory tint in the back... very dark lol. The sunstrip is 5%. Let me know what y'all think!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Now that I own a car with backup camera and backup sensors and cross traffic alert, I feel much better with super dark tint in the rear, and what is legal on front sides.

They didn't do a strip on the windshield on mine, which would be nice, I might get that done a little later.

My daughters 2015 Fusion came with a giant strip on the windshield, well below the AS line, it is annoying for me to drive as I am tall enough it intrudes into my sight line, but okay for her except she can't always see the traffic lights well enough to know they turn. I am more worried about her getting pulled over because of it, so I might get it removed. She had to get a sticker for her apartment complex and it had to visible on the front, and it is only a few inches above the bottom of the windshield.

I dark tint on my other car (and I took in a doctors note to get even darker on the front), and backing up at night is pretty much go until you hear a crunch, especially when there is a light source in front like a garage light that doesn't illuminate behind the car, just shines in the windshield.

Being where interior temps frequently hit 145 degrees very quickly, tinted windows helps. Difference between driving bare handed or with oven mitts.

#5 ·
I got the good stuff installed a few weeks ago. 3M Crystalline ceramic tint. They installed 40% on everything except the windshield and sunroof.

I have factory tint on the back windows. The front two now measure 35%, and the back ones about 16%. It's now illegal in most states except for mine (Texas, baby!) and much cooler on hot days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.