What did you do to your Escape today?

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Re: What did you do to your Escape today?

Postby bangster - May 28th, 2018, 11:28 am

Drove it to this milestone and further.
ImageUntitled by dabangsta, on Flickr
I can average 34 mpg on the 120 mile drive, however it is a drop in elevation, and I only average 28 coming back. Unless I release the tiny turbo and then mileage goes to hell quickly.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 6
Congratulations on reaching 1,000 posts!
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby endermouse - May 29th, 2018, 1:46 pm

My 08' Escape is finally getting a professional detail inside and out today, so I'm without my baby for about 9 hours. Hoping she looks good when she comes back. I prefer to detail myself, but I don't have a garage or driveway to do it in right now (apartment living sucks).
endermouse

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: Ender
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Postby MadMax - May 29th, 2018, 2:47 pm

endermouse wrote:My 08' Escape is finally getting a professional detail inside and out today, so I'm without my baby for about 9 hours. Hoping she looks good when she comes back. I prefer to detail myself, but I don't have a garage or driveway to do it in right now (apartment living sucks).

I spent all weekend doing the same to my E, it was so hot I had to take frequent beer breaks. :roll: My E looks great and I had fun with the process :lol:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby DuratecDon2011 - May 30th, 2018, 8:51 pm

A few days ago I installed some Redline Tuning QuickLIFT struts on the hood so I can get rid of the prop rod and be like all the cool kids with their fancy new cars.

I also ordered a LED third brake light assembly and some new wiper blades (don't buy that cheap stuff they sell at the mechanic's shop in order to pass inspection!!!)
https://www.carid.com/lumen/chrome-red- ... =569570810
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H7S658/re ... UTF8&psc=1
DuratecDon2011

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby FRENCHY - May 31st, 2018, 6:42 am

Is the 3rd brake more red than the OEM or is just the picture effect?
Thanks
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby DuratecDon2011 - May 31st, 2018, 1:30 pm

FRENCHY wrote:Is the 3rd brake more red than the OEM or is just the picture effect?
Thanks

I'll let you know once it gets delivered and I install it tomorrow. But I have to graduate from high school first so that might be at like 2am that I get around to it!!!

It looks like it may be, though. Which isn't bad, seeing that the old one is much more of a dark/matte finish than the other tail lights. I'm working on converting everything else to LED, including upgrading the current Sylvania LED interior/license bulbs (will be putting 2 Diode Dynamics LED boards in the dome light and one in the cargo light housing), installing VLEDS V6 Triton's in the stop/turn signal lamps, side-firing amber LEDs in the sidemarkers, Morimoto XB LED fog lights, and high-power reverse lights (and drilling out the upper section to add a second pair ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh10ztx0SvE )

I also recently rebuilt my HID retrofit to better align the projectors, in addition to stripping off the chrome on everything but the shrouds and painting it all black.
DuratecDon2011

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby FRENCHY - May 31st, 2018, 3:19 pm

Thanks, it would be cool if you have time to take a pics side by side, the OEM and the new one :thumb:
17 YEARS OF DRIVING FORD ESCAPE
2011 Ford Escape LTD Tuxedo Black Metallic-EX RIDE, 3 other Escape, My Father has my ex 2008 E Limited
-I am sold with Ford, sorry other brand - I try your car everytime before buying a Ford.

Pics of my E https://escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 30#p366903
FRENCHY
Sympatico Modérateur, membre du comité d'accueil, et la première affiche sur le quatrième serveur de E-C

E-C LEVEL 21
My nickname: Frenchy
My vehicle: 2011 Ford Escape Limited/SAP
My vehicle's name: TFO(The Fourth One)

Postby DuratecDon2011 - June 2nd, 2018, 12:35 am

FRENCHY wrote:Thanks, it would be cool if you have time to take a pics side by side, the OEM and the new one :thumb:

Well I finally got it installed. :fire: .

Original 3rd brake light (redneck engineered a solution to activate it by wedging a gas station squeegee between the pedal and seat)

Old and new side-by-side. The newer LED unit has a wire lead instead of a connector on the board and 12 LED bulbs instead of 5 T10 incandescent pieces. It also included a new washer nozzle, which sprays too far away from the glass. I filed down the clip on the old one to use it instead.

It appears to be "more red" as one user mentioned, perhaps more of a bright red-orange color similar to the other tail lights.

DuratecDon2011

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby MadMax - June 2nd, 2018, 1:38 am

That's very nice and looks to be a lot brighter then the OEM light. Good job :thumb:
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0T AWD, Sport Appearance Package, Panoramic Sunroof
MadMax
Super Moderator

E-C LEVEL 20

Postby phelix9 - June 2nd, 2018, 3:03 am

I installed a stereo, and found the speakers don't work...
phelix9

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My nickname: lostwolf
My vehicle: 2004 Ford Escape XLT

PreviousNext

Return to Tailgate Chat