Sending a address from iPhone to Sync 3

Talk about anything related to your 2017 - Present Ford Escape/ New Ford Kuga here!

Sending a address from iPhone to Sync 3

Postby Aggie - October 6th, 2018, 11:35 am

Anybody know if you can send an address from your iPhone to a 2017 Escape’s Sync 3 navigation? Best as I can tell my car has to have a phone number associated with Sync which seems to be necessary.
Aggie

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Sending a address from iPhone to Sync 3

Postby bangster - October 6th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Aggie wrote:Anybody know if you can send an address from your iPhone to a 2017 Escape’s Sync 3 navigation? Best as I can tell my car has to have a phone number associated with Sync which seems to be necessary.

I do this all the time...with CarPlay and Android Auto. If I have an address associated with jane doe, it is simply "navigate to jane doe home" and viola I am on my way! I also can search for the address on the phone in the map program before I connect to it, and when I use CarPay or Android Auto it is listed as a destination.

It doesn't seem to work with the built in Navigation.
Can only select destination address, intersection, or POI
in contacts can select address but it just says "no matches found" when I select the address
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Postby bangster - October 6th, 2018, 12:37 pm

These are the last few things from Maps on an iPhone in CarPlay:

This is more or less CarPlay to maps to destinations, I don't use an iPhone often in the car so I don't know all the shortcuts and how it behaves, but seems...so much better than the built in nav that for me is already out of date.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rUFKWlWKQ6s[/youtube]
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Postby Aggie - October 6th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I was hoping to not have to use CarPlay, that maybe the only way to do it. Do you guys prefer Google maps or Apple maps when using CarPlay?
Aggie

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby bangster - October 7th, 2018, 10:35 am

I have tried Waze, but still go back to Google Maps on my Android phone, my wife has good luck with Apple maps. I always have her pre search for where she is going before she leaves, but mainly because her and Siri don't speak the same language, and it is easier to have it already set up.

99% of the time we drive the car we connect our smart phones. I do it for streaming music and better interface for texts and other messaging (like WhatsApp) and mapping of course. I sometime map just to get a sense of how long it will take, but I can ask Google for that and get brief details (like construction, traffic, accidents) and ETA.

If I am going a few blocks, I just leave my phone in my pocket and use AppLink for Pandora, I think that works fine with Apple, we have used it with our Daughters phone for her on phone music when we knew we would be traveling for a couple hours without internet access and decent FM selection.
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5

Return to 2017 - Present Escape / New Kuga General Discussion